March Meet, GOLF CARTS and thoughts (1 Viewer)

Randy...it was great hanging out with you....sorry about the fire. Ted...I saw you guys Saturday, but I didn't qualify and wasn't having a great weekend so I booked out of there without saying hello. I'll catch you at the next one.....

And yes...WAY too many idiots on golf carts and scooters......we saw many, many near misses right in back of our trailer.....it will take someone getting run over before they enforce any rules.....bummer.

Sounds like this race has outgrown Famosa, maybe a change of venue is in Order?:rolleyes:

Now that there's some FUNNY stuff! Come back for CHRR this year and see them backed up even deeper at the fences. Heck, I'm already wondering what the crowd will be like at the Famoso race on the last weekend in MAY! ;):D:D

I always thought the roof made a great seat when your drinking:eek:

Darr, Great to finally meet you in person. Gary has put together a beautiful ride and it runs as good as it looks.

The March Meet would be just another race anywhere else. And trying to duplicate that wonderful aroma from the fertilizer first thing in the morning would be next to impossible.

While many of you may hate all the golf carts, some of us more seasoned folks find them necessary during the three day events. Bakersfield is so huge that many of us quickly use up what little hip, knee & leg power we have left. And they do restrict carts in the grove at CHRR, unless you have a handicap sticker.

I always thought the roof made a great seat when your drinking:eek:

Darr, Great to finally meet you in person. Gary has put together a beautiful ride and it runs as good as it looks.

The March Meet would be just another race anywhere else. And trying to duplicate that wonderful aroma from the fertilizer first thing in the morning would be next to impossible.

Kevin, great to meet you too, and the T-shirts you printed for the "Future Flash" nitro funny car are perfect... I'm wearing one right now!

Ahhh, the fertilizer aroma first thing in the morning, overshadowed by the smell of nitro when the first engines fire-up!

See ya,

Darr

Z_15_FF.jpg

You were definitely a hit with the crowd. Especially beating out the fire with your hands and having the steering wheel waving in the air.

Thanks William, I was doing my best to not set the bottles off as requested. After the third time he told me I figured I had better do it. If if would have gotten to any fuel it could have gone up pretty quick. ;)

I wish I could have met everyone on my "to meet" list. The weekend went by way too fast. :D

Rapid

While many of you may hate all the golf carts, some of us more seasoned folks find them necessary during the three day events. Bakersfield is so huge that many of us quickly use up what little hip, knee & leg power we have left. And they do restrict carts in the grove at CHRR, unless you have a handicap sticker.
Pat, there were many people that drove carefully and used the golf carts, scooters, etc in the right manner. I didn't have problems with them. Just my opinion again. ;)

The starting line and a third of the track hidden behind golf cart roofs and people standing on golf carts, in front of the bleachers.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back