My fav event in sports....The Masters (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
I love the Masters and I meant to post this yesterday but I forgot. So other than Tiger, who do you guys think can pull it off?

KJ Choi and Stewart Cink I would like to see pull it off. Ofcourse Phil, VJ, and Ernie always seem to play well at Augusta. Last years champ Zach Johnson could do well again, Augusta suits his style well. Jose Maria Olazabal always seems to show up at the Masters. Furyk could but he's got to play awesome all 4 days. Mike Weir has won it before but I dont think he's as good now as he was but he could finish top 20 or so. Padraig could be up there. I dont think Sergio will do that well, he might start strong but he wont finish that way.

But ofcourse, my money's on Tiger. He's a freak of nature.

I'm with ya Justin..I like all the majors.

Our Iowa kid, Zach, is suited for Augusta and plays smart.

But anyone on your list is capable..Sunday afternoon @ The Masters is always a classic.

They've really changed it..average score for Thurs was 74 and change.

I'm with ya Justin..I like all the majors.

Our Iowa kid, Zach, is suited for Augusta and plays smart.

But anyone on your list is capable..Sunday afternoon @ The Masters is always a classic.

They've really changed it..average score for Thurs was 74 and change.

Zach is currently tied for fifth at -2 and will go off around 1:30 this afternoon. If he can stay within 2 or 3 of the leaders going into Sunday he would have a chance I would think. I don't think Amen Corner intimidated him so much last year, but it will this year if he is around the leaders.

Never count Tiger out. He has not shot a sub-par opening round in the last 6 years at Augusta, and didn't yesterday either. In fact, he had to knock down an eagle at 18 to get back to even. But that really doesn't matter. Its Tiger. Also, I think he really wants to win all 4 majors in 1 calendar year, and I think that is his main focus right now. And he very well could do it.

Whoever is ahead of him going into Sunday will have a crick in their neck by the end of the day from looking over their shoulder to see where he is.

I could see Justin Rose making a solid run if he stays out of trouble today and tomorrow.

I really hope Lefty doesn't push the leaders. There is just something about him that I have trouble rooting for him. Maybe it is because he hits the ball from the wrong side. :D

Timed out perfect Sunday to roll right into NHRA coverage. A great event!! I didn't mind Immelman killing the field like he did. He earned it!!

Immelman, knew nothing about him, but winner's interview was great.
likeable guy.
also like tiger's comment......'well, i sure didn't come here to finish 2nd'

Sad part is, if Tiger actually showed up one day he would have won. He just never got it going. But thats what it takes for others to win when he's in the field basically. Him to screw up. I always pull for Tiger, but its nice to see someone else win. Immelman seems like a good guy. I was actually hoping Snedeker could pull it off but he just imploded like the rest of them.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back