Pick the Winners (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Ok we're still a few weeks out on for the season. However I have had many emails and pm's asking if I was going to run it this year. As long as people want to play I'm happy to run it.

We do have 2 options.

csk has expanded the game that they have run for several years.
NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series Fantasy League
The rules are a little different then how we play. We can run a league within it, however there is a 50 team max per league. We had well over 50 poeple by the end of last season who had played but of course not everyone plays every week.

or

We can run the same deal as last year via here and I'll run it as before.

I suppose we could do both also.

Let me know what you think....

I kind of like what we were doing here last year. I'd like to continue that if we could. And a big THANK YOU for doing all this work, PJ.:)

your deal here last year was easy to play and fun to watch for results
on mondays. if you don't mind doing it........

I was a fan on how it was run last year. The only thing I would ask is that the game is only for members of this site.

I'm for both. Either way, I had fun with it last year, and look forward to it again this season. Thanks for doing this PJ deffs makes the season that much more fun.

Mike

I was a fan on how it was run last year. The only thing I would ask is that the game is only for members of this site.

this year it will be. I allowed people to finish last year who had been playing when the name change took effect. By the end of the season most had rejoined.

This year its a materfest

Let's run this year on the 'mater with the new points system. Top 8 people start the countdown to the championship and the rest are outta here.

Any thoughts? LOL

:D

Let's run this year on the 'mater with the new points system. Top 8 people start the countdown to the championship and the rest are outta here.

Any thoughts? LOL

:D

you're just wanting to make my head explode aren't you..:D

I am so sick of the points deal I darn near made this an ihra game instead...we'll see maybe next year.

thanks for all the thanks, I'm a stats junkie so doing stuff like this is fun for me. Now if only I could get a job doing it..

I liked last year--We could cut it to 4 players the last two races for the championship--JUST KIDDING--no really, I'm ready!

PJ:
For the whole 23
Ashley Force
Mel Trox
Hillary WILL
Double E Go Go Go Erica
And
Robert Hight

I'll just post tie breaker (like I'll need it)

Oh, by the way.... had a blast the last 2/3's of last season...

AWWW, Thank You, Thank You very much:D :D

Count me in......whatever the form it takes......although I did enjoy last years format.

When you live on the other side of the globe, it makes the season far more interesting:)

I'm with the majority so far. I like doing it here. However, I'm thinking since the one on here is for Maters only, why not do the Fantasy League thing with people who aren't Maters?

PJ, thanks so much for doing this the past couple of years. I suck at the game, but have lots of fun adding my picks and seeing where I ranked for the week. :)

The 2007 PTW winner gets breakfast on me, next December, at the Owosso, MI, Big Boy. The winner provides their own transportation, lodging, and Tums.
If the Big Boy should happen to go out of business breakfast will be at Tony's, in Shields MI. If PJ wins, this deal is void and null.

PJ,
After the living hell you went through in the Rose Bowl please don't take on two different formats. Just do what you did last year and we'll be jumping for joy. Thanks for all you did and we'll be playing with all the energy of a Clay Millican interview this season. Can I just pick those who will make the chase since it will be so exciting from there that I'll probably be too consumed to play your "pick the winners" game.

Last edited:
PJ, don`t change a thing, I gotta improve on last years #6 finish! Everybody appreciates your hard work running the contest.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back