Pick the Winners-Denver (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Alright we are back online. Due to the recent changes I want to make sure everybody has a chance to get back in. We did have over 100 people who had played at least one week and we averaged between 60-70 playing on most weeks. With that said this week will count for a weekly winner however I will not add it to the season total unless 30 people play. I know Jerrod and Shannon are busting their butts trying to get eveybody back in but with so many issues that pop up when such big changes are made I don't want anybody left behind. If we hit 30 then the points will also count towards the season champioship. Also I know people can lurk without posting so for this week I will accept entries via email [email protected], just put nitromater in the subject line.

Why 30? Well I figure not everybody will return and I thought 1/2 of an average week was reasonable.

ALSO PLEASE WHEN POSTING YOU NEW PICKS.

Please let me know who you used to be. I do know some of you want a clean break from your old name so feel free to pm me with that info if you'd like.

I always just copy and pasted the rules from thread to thread so forgive me if they're not exact.

Pick 5 drivers from the pro categories. (if you a bike, please make sure that they are racing that weekend)

You can divide you're picks up however you want, even all in the same class if you wish.

Picks are due in by Friday midnight before the race.

1pt for qualifying, 1 point for each round win and an extra point if your driver wins the race.
This means you get 6 points for winning, 4 for a runner up.

Tie breaker- Pick the winning et from the final round of top fuel. The tie breaker is only used to determine a weekly race winner if 2 people are tied. Whoever is closest wins. If there is still a tie whoever posted first wins (I disqualify myself from that since I post first)

I think that covers it all. If I've missed something please let me know.

I've actually decided to hold off on posting the season standings.

That way those who want that clean break from their old names can't be cross referenced to figure out who they are. Hope this is helpful.

Once this weeks race is done I'll post the season stats.

TF Doug Kalitta - -Fresh from a fun weekend in Scott's flopper!
FC John 'Mile High' Force- -No one "owns" Denver but he's close!
PS Warren Johnson- -Does good in the rare air.
PSB Angelle Sampey- -Because
FC CAPPS- - To make Lady Linda wonder!

(PJ, not trying to catch you and pops, I can do that with one foot tied behind my back, I'm just tryin to stay ahead of MOMS! She keeps threatening to catch me!)
ET Say about 4.577

C'mon everyone, get back on here.
Bob

Last edited:
I suppose I should make some picks

Doug K
TJ
Force
KJ
Angelle

AND HEY BOB you need to pick 5 not 4!!!! How ya gonna catch me and pops with picks like that.

Tim Richards
Austin Coil
Jimmy Prock
Alan Johnson
Zippy

Brandon
Papa John Force
Robert Height
Tony Shoe
Gary "Wildthing" Selzi
Tie Breaker 6.87 finals in T/F
And you say what? None of the Ladies? :eek:

Last edited:
I'm not playing; but just a comment - Jim Oberhofer & his dragster guys have had fairly good success recently here with "his" tune up - including a 2004 win. All that data is still in his hands now in the KB Racing hauler... could this be Hill's weekend????

I'm not playing; but just a comment - Jim Oberhofer & his dragster guys have had fairly good success recently here with "his" tune up - including a 2004 win. All that data is still in his hands now in the KB Racing hauler... could this be Hill's weekend????

I personally would like nothing more than to see her win. My daughter is a HUGE fan (and so is the rest of the family for that matter) Hillary walks on water in our house :) I'm afraid I'm a jinx for her though, each time I've picked her she's had a rough outting so for her sake I'll just cheer loudly

This is the first time I've given this a play, so we'll see how I do.

John Force
Robert Hight
Greg Anderson
Doug Kalitta
Steve Johnson

PJ I'm pretty sure this is my first time playing this season, but just in case my old Mater name was ReactionTimes.

Warren Johnson
Gary Scelzi
John Force
Tony Schumacher
Angelle Sampey

Tie Breaker: 4.647

Tony Schumacher
Doug Kaltta
John Force
Greg Anderson
Dave Connolly

4.67 ET in the TF Final

Formerly DeviledAvs & I think I only played once, maybe twice.

This is my first time.. I E mailed my picks..

Kurt Johnson
Greg Anderson
Ron Capps
Doug Kaletta
Melony Troxel

TF 4.59

Oh well let me take a stab at this>

Top Fuel> Cory Mac
Funny Car> Tommy Johnson
Pro Stock> Jim Yates
Bike> Karen Stoffer

Next week I'll have a new group til I get it right!:D