Pick the Winners-The Finals AND UPDATE INFO!!!! (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
It is the last race of the year. Before we get to the picks though I need to thank a few people as well as announce what the awesome prizes are that we have this year.

A few years ago when I took this game over, I started doing it on a basic spreadsheet. Entered everyone’s picks manually and then tallied after the race. Even with a spreadsheet it was very basic and I ended up hand tabulating the scores. I had promised myself that this past off season I would work on some of the new Excel tricks I had learned and would vastly improve it. Well before I was able to get it done in walked my new hero Eric Boyungs with an offer to help put something together. A few pm's and emails later and tada the new Pick the Winners site was created. I can't thank Eric enough for all the work he did. The time it saves me is mind boggling and I hope that it has made for a better game for everyone as well.

Also a big thanks to Shannon for his help and for integrating the game into the site.

Now onto the prizes.

Mark Bell from Hawaiian Shirts - Hawaiian Clothing - Aloha Shirts - Hawaiian Dresses and Mark Jones from www.drflames.com have both generously offered up some amazing prizes.

Drumroll please............

First Place will receive $100 gift certificate to Paradise Clothing AND from drflames.com they will also get a choice of a windowscape ( full size trk or suv ) or 60" wide Wallscape (aka fathead ), they can pick from the web site or provide a digital file.

Second and Third place will also receive their choice of a windowscape or wallscape choice from Drflames.com

*note for personal pics for the scapes there are some size issues and needs as well as certain permission issues or some other pics. Mark Jones will be able to relay the details to the winners*

And finally I want to thank everyone that plays. I have always been a stat junkie (Lewis Bloom has my second dream job, driver is first of course). So running a game like this is fun for me and I get a kick out of seeing how many people end up playing every year. This year 135 people picked in at least 1 race. I'm always open to suggestions so feel free to pass them on if you have any.

So thanks for playing. Good luck and please don't forget to check out both of the websites of our prize guys.

NHRA Pick The Winners

Would like to thank all that are responsible for putting this game out, looking forward to paying up on the prizes, have had allot of fun playing this year, Dr Flames

This game is fun, I wish I would have started the first race instead of the 3rd one, oh well next year! Thanks for providing it!

yeah thanks for all the work u guys do on game ,, lookin 4ward to next yr ,,,, to bad u dont have picks for sportsman classes that would be way cool , well for me it would ,, thanks again scuba

Thanks for the work all of you do on the game.It's fun and hopefully I can move into the top 10 next year.

Thanks for allowing early picks, some with brain fade, like I suffer just do not remember to make our selections on time for each race.

Thanks to PJ and everyone who has a hand in it. This is a real blast, even though I can't seem to break the top 10.

PJ Great job!.... As you know I'm not happy if I'm not *****in... :) but I really have NO complaint with this game or how its run...

Helluva Job !! Thanks, & I'll be looking to do better next season...

JPee

I too would like to say Thank You PJ!!
This has been a tough year and with the troubled economy I am not sure about next year. As of yet, I do not have sponsorship lined up for next year.
I will probably enter a few picks out of my pocket but after that........:rolleyes:

Big thanks to PJ and the "staff". The game is fun (if only I could remember to play each week!)

bob

PJ ..You are the man !

Once again I have had a blast ...now if I just didn't miss those two races ....:D

THANK YOU !

Thank You PJ

finished I believe with 16 points... have you driven a Ford flopper lately

d'kid

Last edited:
Thanks PJ for all your effort and time.

Makes following the season so much more interesting.....

Alan

thanks as usual PJ; always great fun.
next year will be the __th annual 'pick the winners'?

pulled a millican.........10th place :)

Not sure what annual it will be. The person who ran something similar to this left about 3/4 of the way through a season. I don't know how many years they or someone else ran one it before.

I picked it up the next year. I'm thinking this just ended the 4th season that I have done it.

PJ,

My Picks for Next Season

Wilkerson
BTIII
Princess
TopGun aka Your 'World' Champion
and Zippy

Thanks Man, had a blast...

Thanks to My Sponsors, with out their backing, we could not have made it through the whole season...
Jim Beam Products
Cap't Morgan
Oreo Cookies
Cal's Pizza
RJ Reynolds
Hostess Ding Dongs
and
Dos XX

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back