Pick the Winners-NEWS, PRIZES and picks for the Finals (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
NHRA Pick The Winners

First off I want to thank everyone who plays the game. I've lost track but this is either the 5th or 6th year that I have been doing this. It has grown every year and I love doing it. I'm a stats junkie, after driving Lewis Bloom has my dream job, so this game is right up my alley.

Next I want to thank a couple of awesome sponsors who have contributed some cool prizes to the top 3 finishers this year. Mark Jones with drflames.com and John Rogers with crxmedia.com . Please be sure to check out their websites.

The Champ will receive a
A 2ft by 5ft Wallscape as well as a special edition US Nationals hat

2nd and 3rd place will also receive a A 2ft by 5ft Wallscape

and finally I want to thank Eric Boyungs and Shannon Timm. Eric helped me out of the stone ages of doing this on a spreadsheet and Shannon for allowing me to run this on his site.

Good luck to those in the running for prizes. I hope to see everyone and more back next year. I would love to add more sponsors, prizes and players to make this even bigger.

Thanks again
PJ

As always PJ .... "Thank You" ..... for all the hours of work you put in to allow all of us to enjoy the game. It's always a blast to play and adds a little something to viewing the events.

Thank you as well to all the sponsors for their generosity!!

Thanks to everyone for doing this. It is a lot of fun for sure. Now, if I can just get no one else to make a pick in the finals I may have a shot at it..lol Good luck to all!

Thanks for everything, PJ! It's been fun even though there were a few times I forgot to make my picks.

PJ - another huge thank you to you, Eric, Shannon, Mark and John for making it possible to play. I'm really, really happy to see we'll be able to do it next year.
I'm hoping I'll take Dave's advice and not fall prey to Analysis Paralysis next year, but I doubt it! - :D

PJ, I am glad you keep doing it, and in words of some distant friend echoing in my brain, I love it and hate it. :D I can't stop. I WANT that win, I need this. Oh, I hate this. :p :D

It's great (when I could log in...). Looking forward to kicking some tail next year. Thank you for doing it PJ and crew.

PJ,

Many thanks for taking your time to work the "Pick The Winners", I know from personal experience that these things take a lot more time and effort than it seems from the outside.
____

OK. So, now... this is my rookie season and if I hadn't missed the Bristol entry back when I had all the winners up top, while noone else did, due to a country wide electrical shortage that cut all trans-Atlantic communications at the last moment of eligible entry time, I'd be in the running for tops. Really.

And what about that dang point system of yours?!?! Get serious, hell, you shoulda' done it completely all the way around because that would´ve...

Well, you get the general idea :)
____

I really like the straightforward and relaxed setup and hope you have the energy and extra time to keep it going.

Regards
PiPPi
Stockholm, Sweden

PJ / Players

I'm up for donating a Trophy to the 2010 Season Winner ... starting a new Business and would like to get the word out ...

PTW_Trophy.jpg

Includes Engraving ....

Mark

well folks it appears we now have a trophy to add to the mix. Thanks Mark

Now lets see we have a wally and an ironman. What shall we call the mater trophy?

I'm leaving in the morning for opening day of deer camp. I'll be back on Wednesday. I'll have to check the results on my Blackberry.

Good luck to evertone this weekend!! I can see Bob's fender out my window!! :D

well folks it appears we now have a trophy to add to the mix. Thanks Mark

Now lets see we have a wally and an ironman. What shall we call the mater trophy?

Well, it is a tree. It could be the Mater Tree. The Wally was named for the founder and driving force of the success of the NHRA, so how about the PeeJay? Or the PJ Tree? Or PJT for short? Or?

That's really nice Mark, Thanks, and good luck in the new adventure!

congrats to JRX for winning the last race of the season

1 JRX. 19
2 rsajkowski 17
3 Dr Flames 98 17
4 Steven B (QMD) 17
5 Bob Webb 16
6 Howard Levine 16
7 Rick Atchley 16
8 Ginna 15
9 mel smith 15
10 clarence 15
11 jacob sapienza 15