Pick the winner 2009 is here (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
Alright check out the new place for the game. As always if someone would llike to offer season prizes let me know.

NHRA Pick The Winners

Huge thanks to Eric Boyungs for his creation and to Shannon for letting it giving it a place to stay for us to play.

RIGHT NOW THE DEADLINE IS FEB 5th. I am trying to get this changed but make sure to make your picks quick just to be covered.

Same rules as every year, pick 5 in any of the pro classes. You can spread them out or pick all in one category.

I'm sure we'll tweak a little more but feel free to offer any ideas.

I'd wish you all luck but that means there would be less for me then, so may you all do well in the battle for second :D:p

Very high tech - nice job Eric!

I'm registered and have made my picks - with no qualifying info. :eek:
So . . . questions.
1. What is the deadline time (i.e. Midnight Eastern Time) ?
2. How do we view other competitors picks?
3. Will there be an opportunity to interact with other competitors?
(Harassing Bazumbas and obsessive sanders is part of the fun!)

Can't wait to see Pomona results - FIRE 'EM UP !!!!

I figure we can still have the race thread to chatter and harrass.

Time I am trying to change.

blind picks, unless people want to add it to the thread.

As of right now there is no way to see what drivers everyone else picked, you will be able to see how many points they earned...

As for the deadline...The deadline is the exact moment that the Nitromater server time says that it has turned the deadline day...I would watch closely to see what hour it actually comes up on...my guess would be in the range of 6pm to midnight the night before the deadline date...

Interacting with other players can be done here at Nitromater...This was created to make things easier on PJ and to keep things in a central place...

PJ...For editing events go to the control Panel and choose Manage Events...When you see the list of events, click the Edit Icon and everything you need is in there including the place to enter event results once the deadline has passed...

Thanks fellas. I'm good with the deadline, I've always thought picks should be in before qualifying starts.

S/F
D

Last edited:
Thanks for the work that's been put in on the project...but why dump the format we have always had? Part of the fun was seeing what others have posted and basing your picks off of those. I am confused as to why the massive change without a poll taken or any input. I know the amount of work that goes into adding up the totals and what a thankless and unpaid job it is from having done it. I would just like some info...thanks.

Thanks for the work that's been put in on the project...but why dump the format we have always had? Part of the fun was seeing what others have posted and basing your picks off of those. I am confused as to why the massive change without a poll taken or any input. I know the amount of work that goes into adding up the totals and what a thankless and unpaid job it is from having done it. I would just like some info...thanks.

i agree with John. It wasn't broke, so they fixed it anyway. Oh well.

Here's my picks.......

Larry Dixon

Tony Schumacher

Jeff Arend

Del Worsham

Cruz Pedregon

Tiebreaker
3.86 et

Yes it is change. Maybe good maybe not we'll see. If enough poeple bag it then I'm willing to go back.

In each of the 3 seasons I've run this we have ended up with over 100 people playing the game. It ends up being pretty time consuming doing all the scoring. In an effort to still get the results out quickly I tend to rush and that leads to errors. Ideally this will help eliminate the PJ factor(although I make no promises). Now that I think about it I should have gotten this up sooner for discussion and such. Didn't think about that.
If it takes away from the game then we can look at that down the road.

i agree with John. It wasn't broke, so they fixed it anyway. Oh well.

It may not have been broken FOR YOU, but imagine the work it must take to, once a week, open 100 plus posts, enter each of six pieces of info from each post into a spreadsheet or database, and double check the entries. Then when the race is over, they have to enter the race results from a couple dozen teams in each of three (or four) classes, tally up the totals, print out the results and post them. Phew!

In this format, you do all the data entry (distributing that work among 100+ people) and all PJ and Eric have to do is enter the race results. Takes out at least 2/3rds of the work. And YOU are responsible for your own data entry errors.

I understand completely and fully support it. :D

My understanding is PJ does not get paid for this, it takes alot of time, I think it is great that he and others put together this new game on their own time agian!, for all of us instead of moving on, thanks PJ and your support team, I will be sending a pm about prize's, Mark

Thanks to PJ and Eric both. I am for anything that makes it easier for PJ to do it. I know I couldnt go thru and do it the way we have done it the last few years after every race. Thanks guys, I like it.

I think the new setup is fine. I like it. And, as has been mentioned, it saves the crew a bunch of work. I'm good.:)

One suggestion PJ and Eric, on the making the picks page, you might want to consider labeling the "Edit Pick #X" button "Set Pick #X." My immediate reaction at seeing that was "But, but, I haven't MADE any picks yet.....":confused:

I got it figured out though. Good work guys.

Hey guys, I am more than willing to adjust things as need be...I did this simply to make the easiest platform for PJ to work from as possible...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back