Pick the winner 2009 is here (1 Viewer)

I think Bob K is on to something. Enter for contest at new location, post here for discussion.

Larry Dixon
Spencer Massey
Jack Beckman
Greg Anderson
Jeg Coughlin

I just signed up and the only thing I see are the standings. Does this mean I missed the deadline? Can I put my picks here and have them entered manually for this race only since we didn't get very much time to enter our picks before the deadline hit?

Schumacher
Brown
Worsham
Anderson
Coughlin

Last edited:
Just signed up and put in my picks. It won't last long but it was fun seeing my name in the no. 1 spot.

Thanks to all that put in the work for the new system.

Having run a game, I am aware of the effort it takes. All I am saying is if it was too much work why not tag team it? I guess we will have to see how it works out, but the game will be different. Thanks for the hard work Eric and PJ.

When I talk to Shannon later today, I have an update for it that makes it possible to see each others picks...

Yes it is change. Maybe good maybe not we'll see. If enough poeple bag it then I'm willing to go back.

In each of the 3 seasons I've run this we have ended up with over 100 people playing the game. It ends up being pretty time consuming doing all the scoring. In an effort to still get the results out quickly I tend to rush and that leads to errors.

Anything is fine with me PJ. I run a very small fantasy drag racing pick-em game and cannot imagine having to tabulate for 100 or more people.

Thank you for the game in ANY form.

Does anyone know for sure when the picks must be made by? End of today? After friday qualifying? We used to have until midnite our time to make picks. Please clarify. If today is the cutoff someone needs to tell Ray as of 4:00 central time he was not registered yet. I like the new format and if it makes things easier for PJ, I'm all for it. I just need to know when the cutoff will be. Jim, Georginna, Ray and everyone else...Let the games begin!!! Good Luck Everyone:D:D:D

Only way to know is to pay attention on the hour tonight while it reaches the deadline... It all depeneds on what timezone the actual server time is...

Does anyone know for sure when the picks must be made by? End of today? After friday qualifying? We used to have until midnite our time to make picks. Please clarify. If today is the cutoff someone needs to tell Ray as of 4:00 central time he was not registered yet. I like the new format and if it makes things easier for PJ, I'm all for it. I just need to know when the cutoff will be. Jim, Georginna, Ray and everyone else...Let the games begin!!! Good Luck Everyone:D:D:D

PJ and Eric, I think it looks great.
also cool we can use our old 'mater names :D

Ozfuel.

Figures, I just used my name...
good thing I can't see my picks... keeps me from 2nd guessing my self... but picking fuel only... why waste picks on classes I don't follow...
Thanks PJ and Eric

d'kid

What do you mean you cant see your picks?...You can redo your picks until the deadline by going back thru the selection process...

As for names, hopefully by next season it is fully implemented into the website here...

Figures, I just used my name...
good thing I can't see my picks... keeps me from 2nd guessing my self... but picking fuel only... why waste picks on classes I don't follow...
Thanks PJ and Eric

d'kid

Eric, I meant easily... placed a bookmark on the page just so I can find it a week from now...

Some of us old farts don't deal with change well... Fancy graphics don't matter... took me ten minutes to realize I couldn't just push the buttons one time to pick all the cars I wanted in one class...

I hope this makes it easier for PJ... but at this point, I'll take the five I picked for the whole season... can I pick for all 24 now?

d'kid

Wow, just about panicked that I couldn't get my pics in. I eventually figgered it out. Old dog , new trick that sort o thing. Looks good guys. Thanks.

Hey, it's pretty cool. I'm willing to give it a try. Definitely would help to know what time picks end. As for seeing other peoples picks... I don't mind not seeing them until the race is over, or picks close. But it is cool to see them. I took a page from Karls book & marked it. Who knows how many times I might change my mind this evening!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back