Pick the Winners (1 Viewer)

I'm with the majority too, PJ. :)

Last year I tied for 7th but I think I found something in my “Tune Up” during off season testing….. I plan the give the competition a good run this year. :D

Last edited:
Count me in too.

One request though - Is it possible that if someone can't/doesn't get their picks in on time, can you use the last picks they gave? I only say this because sometimes I'm at sea or otherwise unable to get to a computer and I fall way behind with NO picks when I could've possibly gotten something from using my last picks. If it's too difficult, I certainly understand and won't complain - but if I don't at least ask it's a definite no.

But I reiterate, either way, I'm in.

I would be happy to go round again, I just had a look at the CSK site, you have to be a resident of the 50 states or Columbia.

If we go that way I might need some help creating a plausible US address, but I'm sure we can deal with that.

I was happy with the old format(enjoyed seeing what people picked every week) but PJ is the one putting in the hard yards, what ever you decide I will live with.

Count me in too.

One request though - Is it possible that if someone can't/doesn't get their picks in on time, can you use the last picks they gave? I only say this because sometimes I'm at sea or otherwise unable to get to a computer and I fall way behind with NO picks when I could've possibly gotten something from using my last picks. If it's too difficult, I certainly understand and won't complain - but if I don't at least ask it's a definite no.

But I reiterate, either way, I'm in.

I am willing to work with this but not as a blanket entry. The only reason I say that is that we had so many entries last year and often people would play once or twice then not again. I don't want to auto enter them for the every race if they are not actively playing.

What I did last year and will do again is accept pics very early. I always start a thread the week of but if when people were heading out on vacation or what not people would send me their pics very early. I even had one person....it may have been you even but I can't remember, you sent a set of default pics for about a month of racing as they were going to be away.

We can work something out on this

Ok we'll do the same system as last year. I didn't realize you had to be a us res to play the csk version.

I'm in too! I really enjoyed looking forward to coming to work on Mondays to see the results. (Boy is that a scary one!) Thanks PJ for all your work!

Thanks PJ for doing this........................................When the Countdown starts we'll start a separate tally on the Top 8 to see if the Real Champion is crowned on the Mater!:D :D :D

The game was great last year! I too like the idea of some kind of "default" picks that kick in if we are unable to get out picks in. To avoid carrying part timers, maybe you could request an actual default pick. Only use those that have put together a default pick. Everyone else without an entry will receive no points and anyone that goes more than 4 races without an updated default list also receives no points.................

Or maybe I should just leave it up to the MASTER:cool:

The game was great last year! I too like the idea of some kind of "default" picks that kick in if we are unable to get out picks in. To avoid carrying part timers, maybe you could request an actual default pick. Only use those that have put together a default pick. Everyone else without an entry will receive no points and anyone that goes more than 4 races without an updated default list also receives no points.................

:

you may be on to something with this idea....

'default list'
sounds like 'provisional qualifying' to me.

'unable to get picks in' = DNQ = no points (kinda' like that sport we love)

seriously, i wouldn't or couldn't ever take the time to run
something like this. give PJ a break, keep it as simple as possible.

Mike,
I posted my picks for the whole year and I'll live with 'em winning or not, all twenty three races....

I think of it as pre-entering for the whole season:)

PJ, Mike, Senior Chief.

Guess I'm looking at this from a fan's point of view, sure I could change my Picks every week, based on who's hot, but...

I like Robert as a person, we had several conversations at Richmond,along with Eric Lane and the guys. So yes, I am a fan of his and therefore his is on my list... Same go for Erica and Greg, Mister Enders showed me a kindness in the rain and made a fan for life. Hillary reminds me of my daughter and Mel seems alot like my next door neighbor... As far as Ashley, she reminds me of all my kids, and I wish I could do for them what her dad's made possible for her.

All that's why I going with those five all season... and PJ, if you you need me to re-type them in every week, no prob, whatever is easiest for you, but....

YOU ARE D'MAN!!!! for even doing this, again, thank you:)

'default list'
sounds like 'provisional qualifying' to me.

'unable to get picks in' = DNQ = no points (kinda' like that sport we love)

seriously, i wouldn't or couldn't ever take the time to run
something like this. give PJ a break, keep it as simple as possible.

Mike
Thank you for your response to my "suggestion". Unlike you, there are some of us that are put in situations that keep us from our computers or (in my case) the internet for extended amounts of time. If it is possible and OK with PJ, then I think a default or some other way to handle these access issues should be considered with an open mind. Again, thank you for your concern.
Mel

Had a great time doing this last year PJ. What ever you decide is fine with me. I just enjoy playing along.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back