Pick the winners update (1 Viewer)

PJ

Staff Member
Staff member
Administrator
Nitro Member
It appears the mater started having issues some time Thursday. Based on the emails, pm's thru other sites and text I received I know many people were just unable to get their picks in for the Topeka race.

I believe that the only fair way to go about this is to just not count this race towards the season totals.

I would recommend that people get their picks in early in the week then they can go back and change them as needed. This way you are covered if any such issue arrised again as I do not guarantee that I would not count another race.

Sorry for the hassle and as always thanks for playing

PJ

I think the fair thing to do would be to believe that by the 1/3 pole of the season, most folks would have the Picks Selection page saved in their Favorites. And realizing there is a race this weekend they should get their picks in.

I don't think anybody that's a member of this board needs to be reminded there's an event. :D

Don't penalize the folks that are on the ball!

But, I'll abide by the commish's decision.
Hoping for a reversal.

:D

PJ

I think the fair thing to do would be to believe that by the 1/3 pole of the season, most folks would have the Picks Selection page saved in their Favorites. And realizing there is a race this weekend they should get their picks in.

I don't think anybody that's a member of this board needs to be reminded there's an event. :D

Hoping for a reversal.

+1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks PJ for all you do and making the right decision here. To Steve, having anything bookmarked here was not the issue once the server went down. There was a time on Sat. where the bookmark for pick the winners actually allowed you to log in but that was all. PJ your comment about picking early and then making changes in the future if this happens again is well taken. I will start doing that. To everyone who worked hard to fix the server meltdown, please accept my thanks for getting it back up. You don't appreciate the hard work till its not there anymore. It was a tough weekend and I for one am most thankful. Best Regards Ralph :D:D:D

Last edited:
PJ

Hoping for a reversal.

First, I want to thank PJ for all the effort put into this for years now to give us a fun game to play for free. I, too, am fine with whatever is decided. But, it was not just a matter:) of not having a shortcut to the game page, or not being reminded of it being race week. I'd log in, click to continue, and be back to the not logged in page, there was no way to make pics. The Nitromater nhra page gave a database error. PJ's right, one should make them early on, as I just did, and it worked fine. It did not last week for me, having the effect of moving the deadline up. Again, thanks to all who make this happen.

It appears the mater started having issues some time Thursday. Based on the emails, pm's thru other sites and text I received I know many people were just unable to get their picks in for the Topeka race.

I believe that the only fair way to go about this is to just not count this race towards the season totals.

I would recommend that people get their picks in early in the week then they can go back and change them as needed. This way you are covered if any such issue arrised again as I do not guarantee that I would not count another race.

Sorry for the hassle and as always thanks for playing

Figures! I finally pick 2 winners Larry Dixon and Ron Capps and it doesn't get counted!! :(
I understand the decission but it still BLOWS! :p

Well, I for 1 applaud PJ, and I'd like to say there are a couple-3 other races I'd like to have thrown out too! Like the Phoenix race, where I totally forgot to make my picks! Please PJ, throw out the Phoenix race! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee!

PJ

Hoping for a reversal.

I do have it in my favorites & it still wouldn't work!!!

PJ, whatever you decide is fine, thanks for all of your hard work!!!

John Rogers, thanks to you for all of the help you gave me also!!!

The decision PJ made is the only fair decision to make...When the site was down there was no access to the Database everything is stored in, which is why it wouldnt let anyone login even though the site itself was still there...

Good Call PJ!

Whatever decision is made is fine with me, it's all for fun anyways. Is there any way you could post some results of the people who did submit however just for fun to see how everyone did? I'm not sure if it's all deleted since it isn't being counted or something. Just curious though. Thanks for everything.

Thanks PJ for all your hard work!!! I appreciate the mulligan! ;)

I will start submitting mine earlier in the week and make changes later. It's not a procrastination issue but more of a "race weekend kick-off" for me when I make my picks. I enjoy sitting down Thursday evening or sometimes very early Friday and making my picks. Then I only have to wait one day for the racing to begin. It sort of sets the mood. :D

Thanks again!!!!!

Whatever decision is made is fine with me, it's all for fun anyways. Is there any way you could post some results of the people who did submit however just for fun to see how everyone did? I'm not sure if it's all deleted since it isn't being counted or something. Just curious though. Thanks for everything.

Good idea. I will try to get that done....although that might make some people feel worse lol

I had several reports that people who had it bookmarked either couldn't get in or if they made it in, couldn't do anything

Not possible to see what the results would have been cause it will mess up the overall standings...

Guys I was not aware that you could not log in before the actual deadline. I think I made my picks on Wednesday night.

If folks can't get to the page before the deadline because of a malfunction then of course I would agree the week is a wash.

I thought this was only related to the Mater's DNQ over the weekend, but that the page was accessible.

My bad!

If you can't get an entire round of qualifying in then it doesn't count!!

It Figures.. the Race where I have picked all 3 winners & the 2nd place in FC.. I had Ron Capps & Ashly Force... I would have had 23+ points & I get DQ'd :(

If I didn't have "BAD LUCK" I'd have "NO LUCK" !!

PJ I know you did what you had to do.. but it sucks when I had an almost perfect score... Well maybe I'll make The PJ Countdown! :eek:

well just for that John you just lost 200 points, there is no stinkin countdown here LOL

Eric is right, I should have been clearer, results can't be through the system otherwise it will mess everything up. I will need to go old school to do them, no promises but I will try

well just for that John you just lost 200 points, there is no stinkin countdown here LOL

Eric is right, I should have been clearer, results can't be through the system otherwise it will mess everything up. I will need to go old school to do them, no promises but I will try

Being penalized for cutting a great light is hard to swallow! :p

I did get my picks in . . . had another lousy week! If I did get the points, Ralph would still be kickin' my butt.

So . . . I'll pretend to be noble and say scrapping the race was the right thing to do! - ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back