Dixon Released (1 Viewer)

No sauce but how would you like your Crow??? We At
bouncingcleavage.gif
Bazumbas Airlines serve up our crow - fresh and tasty ]

We also serve beer.

I wish we could get off the "he owes snake" train. He doesnt owe him anything. Dp employed him to drive the car and thats what he did. Im sure Larry is grateful for the chance but he doesnt "owe" him anything.
Except for the fact that he asked Snake for a contract extention.........................:eek:

I guess all the people who slammed " The Agent" are going to be eating crow!
Once AJ and Larry workout the details the rumor section on this site will have a green "TRUE" which is a pretty good track record...;) :p

Speaking of "pretty good track records"....;)

The Snake and Dixon thing is a rumor...simply a rumor. LD will be in the seat for 09 Winternats. They were doing the molded seat for Dixon before Thanksgiving..

Terry's still battin' 1000....:D

Somewhat sorry to see Larry leave Snakes camp. But in recent weeks rumors and stories surfaced about friction between the two. True or not since 1995 they have been a top contending team. I would hope they can both continue to be hi risers in our sport.
On another vain I've been a DP fan forever back to the days of the Hot Wheel Cuda. Followed LD 's career since the Skoal days and Pontiac. Remember seeing him in the dragsters seat at Columbus one year, I believe it was before the Final Strike Tour, as it was warming up. Spoke with Larry later that day and said " you look like a natural in that seat one day you'll be driving that car" He sort of laughed and that was it. When he landed the job I like alot others assumed it would last forever, but all things come to an end.
Will still root for DP, but as was mentioned above hopefully The Snake will still be able attract sponsorship at the end of the US Tobacco deal . Will have to learn more of this Massy kid and see if he will be able to fill LD shoes. As far as the inevitable of LD getting the AL ANABI seat I'll have a new team to root for. AJ and Larry will be a welcome addition to TF. Good luck to all concerned

It's really Larry and Jason with Alan as team owner. ;)

i'd really be surprised if larry is not an owner within 5 years.
a lot has changed since he went to work for snake many years ago;
he's gotta' make a move and see how things are done on
another well-funded championship caliber team...........and drive the car.

Good quote from Kyle Petty on NASCAR.COM that I think is applicable to the Dixon/Snake situation:
"Look, it's like I've said before, this is only a sport on Sunday afternoons -- from 1 o'clock to whenever they throw the checkered flag. It's a business the rest of the time."

Massey named driver of Don Prudhomme/U.S. Smokeless dragster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/11/2008

Spencer Massey

Don Prudhomme Racing has announced that Spencer Massey has been selected as driver of the U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company Top Fuel dragster for the 2009 NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series.

Snake Racing originally signed Massey, 26, in October with plans to see him pilot a new, second Top Fuel dragster team to start the 2010 NHRA season. Massey's driving debut for Snake Racing will now be accelerated as it was announced earlier today that former driver Larry Dixon bought out the remainder of his employment contract from Don Prudhomme Racing.

Massey, who won the 2008 Top Fuel championship in his first full season of IHRA competition, will immediately become an NHRA Top Fuel championship contender as crew chiefs Don Bender and Todd Smith look to improve on the U.S. Smokeless Racing team's second-place finish in 2008.

"I am very honored to be a part of the U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company Top Fuel team and Snake Racing," said Massey. "Driving for a legend like Don Prudhomme is something that I have always dreamed of and I am looking forward to working with everyone on the team. Donnie Bender and Todd Smith have a winning combination that I feel is very capable of bringing home the NHRA Full Throttle championship next season and I can't wait to be a part of it."

Dixon buys out balance of his DPR contract

In a move that apparently clears the path for Larry Dixon to drive Alan Johnson's Al-Anabi Top Fueler in 2009, Don Prudhomme Racing has announced that Dixon has bought out the remainder of his employment contract from Don Prudhomme Racing.

Dixon's name has been at the top of the list of drivers reportedly in the running for the coveted seat in the new dragster tuned by the world championship crew chief, but he still had a year on his contract with Prudhomme, for whom he had driven since 1995.

Massey will also become a leading candidate for the AAA of Southern California "Road to the Future" Award, which honors the top performing rookie professional driver among the NHRA's four professional categories. Former drivers to earn this award upon the development and guidance of team owner Don Prudhomme include two-time NHRA Top Fuel champion Dixon (1995) and 25-time national event winner Ron Capps (1997), thus certifying Prudhomme's ability to identify young, talented drivers.

"We knew when we signed Spencer that he had all the tools to get the job done," said Prudhomme. "Now, he is just going to get his opportunity to prove it sooner than we had expected. Our U.S. Smokeless team is one of the best out there and with Donnie and Todd coming back for their fourth season together, I am sure that they will give Spencer a great car to drive and put him in a position to be successful."

In addition to his 2008 IHRA championship title, Massey also competed in the 2008 NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series' Top Alcohol dragster class, posting a second-place finish in Division 4, which also placed him ninth in the national standings.

"We greatly value our over 20 year relationship with Don Prudhomme Racing and appreciate all the efforts of not only Donnie and Todd in 2008 but the entire team. We look forward to working closely with Spencer in 2009 and wish him continued success as he begins his inaugural NHRA season," said Tom LoBosco – VP of U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Co.

Massey will begin making plans to relocate to Brownsburg, Indiana - site of Don Prudhomme Racing's race shop - where he can work alongside Bender, Smith and the U.S. Smokeless Racing team in preparation for the upcoming 2009 NHRA season.

Massey's first full season of NHRA Top Fuel competition, Prudhomme's 14th as a team owner and 47th overall, will begin at the NHRA Winternationals in Pomona, Calif.

Related article(s):

Yes, it is also a good situation for the kid too:) thanks for posting the press release Ray. He is going to have some really big shoes to fill, but he sure does have some talent!

No sauce but how would you like your Crow??? We At
bouncingcleavage.gif
Bazumbas Airlines serve up our crow - fresh and tasty

Grilled Crow Breast

Breast out crows the same way you would a dove. Soak the breast
in water with a tablespoon of salt for 30 minutes to draw out some
of the blood. Marinate the breast for 20 minutes in Dale's Steak
Sauce or other soy based sauce. Red wine also works well but
needs to soak overnight.
Drain off the marinade and place the breast on a hot grill with wet
hickory chips andcook for 10 minutes on each side. Avoid over
cooking as this tends to dry out the meat and toughen it. When
cooked properly the meat cuts and looks like grilled venison.
Line the bottom and sides of the crock pot with slices of potato to
keep the breast from touching the pot. Stack 24 breast which have
been pre-soaked into the pot. Sprinkle one package of onion soup
mix over the breast and add 1/2 cup of water. Cook on high setting
for 2 hours and then reduce to low for 4 hours. The breast will be
very tender done this was. If you like you can also add salt and
pepper to taste and a real onion and diced stalk of celery.

Crow Stroganoff
Remove breast meat from the bone. Slice into strips about 1/2"
thick. Place in a pressure cooker with several cloves of garlic, 1/2
cup diced onion, 3 cups of water, 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper,
1 teaspoon dried lovage leaves (can substitute 1/4 cup celery). Cook
under pressure (10 pounds) for 30 minutes. Cool. Remove and
discard garlic. Add broth from 4 oz. can of mushrooms. Adjust
liquid to measure 3 cups. In a shaker mix 1/4 cup of flour with 1
cup cool broth. Heat remaining broth and add flour mixture;
simmer until thickened. Add meat and mushrooms and bring to a
simmer again. Just before serving, remove from heat and add 1/2
cup sour cream. Serve over noodles or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sara Jean Peters and Vince LaConte.

Fried Crow
Can either fry on the bone or filet the meat. To tenderize the meat
you need to cook in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes at 10 pounds
or boil in water with a tablespoon of salt until tender to being stuck
with a fork. Remove the breast or filets from the pressure cooker or
boiling pot. Flour and shallow fry in a pan until golden brown. The
filets are great fun to pass off to your friends as chicken gizzards.

bubble.gif

When I was a child I got a BB/pellet gun for my birthday-----the old man told me NOT to kill anything unless I planned on eating it.

Has any of you ever eaten a wood pecker???? Or----- am I in a class of my own???

No ahh can't say I have Bryan. Too many ways to go with that one I shall try and refrain from making fun of your plight.

But in the future if you and your Red Rider should sport a woody...(dang, sorry I really tried. But it was just too easy to pass up).

Anyway here is a great recipe for you in case.

So do they taste lick chicken? No. Woodpeckers will have a piney taste like porcupine and other tree bark insect eating woods dwellers. So you will need to compensate a little and compliment for the taste.

Woodpecker with Artichokes

3 lbs. woodpecker
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. paprika
6 tbsp. butter
15 oz. can artichokes
1/4 lb. mushrooms
2 tbsp. flour
2/3 cup chicken consomme
3-4 tbsp. sherry (cream or cooking)

Salt, pepper, and paprika woodpecker and fry in 4 tbsp. butter. Place in casserole. Place artichokes between woodpecker. Saute mushrooms in 2 tbsp. butter. Add 2 tbsp. flour. Stir in consomme and sherry. Cook 5 minutes. Pour over woodpecker. Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Might like to do some red skin potatos with some broiled garlic asparagus on the side. Serve with a deep red wine like a merlot to counter the strong piney taste of the bird.

Suggest a bananas foster for dessert.

Back to your regular programming...

Okay,....I take that back. The site is still there, just going through maintenance. I must of caught them during maintenance before.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back