Prudhomme Annouces Retirement (1 Viewer)

While it stinks his team will not be out there this year, I wish the Snake nothing but the best in retirement. Thanks for the memories Snake!

Crap.... Well I can only hope someone bought the team and that they are going to run in 2010 with the employees still around, but probably not very likely. I wonder what the rest of the story is as far as driver, crew, etc. :confused:

P.S. Paul, like your new avatar.

Unbelievable! I just read his book on the Drag Racing Rivelry with the Mongoose, lots of great memories from the Snake, I sure wish that he would stick around.

Snake you cant retire. get back out there haha. Enjoy your retirement,your going to be missed.

And Spencer Massey gets swept up by another team in 5,4,3,2.... No matter what Mike Dunn says Spencer can flat kill the tree in a fuel car without guessing.

Spencer Massey I think has the best driving statistics of any nitro driver out there. I hope he lands a good nitro ride. His driving skills are of the type that wins Championships.

I wish the Snake a hearty and enjoyable retirement. This is a milestone.

-90%

....Thanks for everything Snake....

My best to Spencer, Donnie, Todd and the rest of the DPR team on landing on their feet soon!!!

Oh and SKIP ALLUM.. Thank you for all the work you've done with SNAKE over the years. Your work is sterling and I have learned much from watching you over the years!

And, In my opinion, no single 62 seconds best describes the SNAKE and who he is better than this add....

Don Prudhomme Racing - Official Website

Last edited:
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I am sad to read this. :( This is a huge bummer.

But I want to thank Snake for so many years of awesomeness and wish him a relaxing retirement having fun with all his doggies.
Thanks for everything Snake! You're the coolest cat in drag racing.

Spencer Massey I think has the best driving statistics of any nitro driver out there. I hope he lands a good nitro ride. His driving skills are of the type that wins Championships.

I wish the Snake a hearty and enjoyable retirement. This is a milestone.

-90%

Spencer will get a ride, that you can take to the Bank!;)

I wonder if Shoe will buy that team? Thanks Snake for the memories. Skip you did a killer job representing him for so long. Hope to see Donnie and Spencer out there next year. Looks like Dixon made the right move.

At the tender age of 6, the first drag race I ever attended (at Minnesota Dragways) featured the Snake and the Mongoose...in their Hot Wheels cars and pulling into the facility on the ramp trucks. I'll never forget how I felt when I saw those cars. Even at such a young age, I thought "this is the coolest thing EVER!" and another drag racing fan was born.

Crap, what happened to the last 40 years?

Happy retirement Don. Thank you so much for the memories.

Unbelievable! I just read his book on the Drag Racing Rivelry with the Mongoose, lots of great memories from the Snake, I sure wish that he would stick around.

My son just gave me that book for Christmas....Not gonna be same without the Snake. But I too hope he enjoys his retirement.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back