Dixon Released (1 Viewer)

Which contract would you take four years with AJ or one year with DP? The big question out there is how much longer will DP have a sponsor?

If you want to talk loyalty, what about snake hiring a new driver a year before larry's contract was up, looks like to me larry had no choice but to buy out his contract, good luck to all involved

I'm not really meaning to "slam" on anyone.
I just hate to see our sport go the same way as the rest of 'em.

Let us move on.

crap!!!

Best of luck to all of the people involved.
:(:(:(

"Mark Jones:
If you want to talk loyalty, what about snake hiring a new driver a year before larry's contract was up, looks like to me larry had no choice but to buy out his contract, good luck to all involved"

For what it's worth Mark: Snake did the same thing a few years ago when he hired Melanie. I doubt Larry gave either hiring a second thought.

Okay, lets see here, ...Larry had one year left on his contract, and Snake hires another driver to start in 2010. It doesn't look like Larry was going to stay anyways. I don't blame Larry for gettin' while the gettin' is good. I wish him well in 2009.

Sometimes my fandom gets in the way. I wanted Larry to stay with Snake. But I have to break this down from high profile driver all the way to my career/personal life. Better opportunity wins out 99 percent of the time. No one can fault Larry Dixon for doing what he thinks is best for his career and family. Congrats Larry and Snake.

Somewhat sorry to see Larry leave Snakes camp. But in recent weeks rumors and stories surfaced about friction between the two. True or not since 1995 they have been a top contending team. I would hope they can both continue to be hi risers in our sport.
On another vain I've been a DP fan forever back to the days of the Hot Wheel Cuda. Followed LD 's career since the Skoal days and Pontiac. Remember seeing him in the dragsters seat at Columbus one year, I believe it was before the Final Strike Tour, as it was warming up. Spoke with Larry later that day and said " you look like a natural in that seat one day you'll be driving that car" He sort of laughed and that was it. When he landed the job I like alot others assumed it would last forever, but all things come to an end.
Will still root for DP, but as was mentioned above hopefully The Snake will still be able attract sponsorship at the end of the US Tobacco deal . Will have to learn more of this Massy kid and see if he will be able to fill LD shoes. As far as the inevitable of LD getting the AL ANABI seat I'll have a new team to root for. AJ and Larry will be a welcome addition to TF. Good luck to all concerned

I think there were a few non-believers that need to eat a bit of CROW today. Won't mention any names because you know who you are. :D

Shannon

Well . . . I posted that I thought this was not going to happen, ASSuming AJ would have everyone in place. Do the Bazumbas or any other gourmets have a recipe for Crow Sauce? - :eek:

As I posted last AUGUST.22-2008, 07:20 PM

Re: Hey A.J. how about Dunn?
Dixon Dixon Dixon!!!!!!!

Well . . . I posted that I thought this was not going to happen, ASSuming AJ would have everyone in place. Do the Bazumbas or any other gourmets have a recipe for Crow Sauce? - :eek:

No sauce but how would you like your Crow??? We At
bouncingcleavage.gif
Bazumbas Airlines serve up our crow - fresh and tasty

Grilled Crow Breast

Breast out crows the same way you would a dove. Soak the breast
in water with a tablespoon of salt for 30 minutes to draw out some
of the blood. Marinate the breast for 20 minutes in Dale's Steak
Sauce or other soy based sauce. Red wine also works well but
needs to soak overnight.
Drain off the marinade and place the breast on a hot grill with wet
hickory chips andcook for 10 minutes on each side. Avoid over
cooking as this tends to dry out the meat and toughen it. When
cooked properly the meat cuts and looks like grilled venison.
Line the bottom and sides of the crock pot with slices of potato to
keep the breast from touching the pot. Stack 24 breast which have
been pre-soaked into the pot. Sprinkle one package of onion soup
mix over the breast and add 1/2 cup of water. Cook on high setting
for 2 hours and then reduce to low for 4 hours. The breast will be
very tender done this was. If you like you can also add salt and
pepper to taste and a real onion and diced stalk of celery.

Crow Stroganoff
Remove breast meat from the bone. Slice into strips about 1/2"
thick. Place in a pressure cooker with several cloves of garlic, 1/2
cup diced onion, 3 cups of water, 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper,
1 teaspoon dried lovage leaves (can substitute 1/4 cup celery). Cook
under pressure (10 pounds) for 30 minutes. Cool. Remove and
discard garlic. Add broth from 4 oz. can of mushrooms. Adjust
liquid to measure 3 cups. In a shaker mix 1/4 cup of flour with 1
cup cool broth. Heat remaining broth and add flour mixture;
simmer until thickened. Add meat and mushrooms and bring to a
simmer again. Just before serving, remove from heat and add 1/2
cup sour cream. Serve over noodles or rice.
Recipe courtesy of Sara Jean Peters and Vince LaConte.

Fried Crow
Can either fry on the bone or filet the meat. To tenderize the meat
you need to cook in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes at 10 pounds
or boil in water with a tablespoon of salt until tender to being stuck
with a fork. Remove the breast or filets from the pressure cooker or
boiling pot. Flour and shallow fry in a pan until golden brown. The
filets are great fun to pass off to your friends as chicken gizzards.

bubble.gif

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back