Prudhomme Annouces Retirement (1 Viewer)

75RevellCatalog.jpg

JUST REALIZED THAT I DON'T MISS DRAG RACING.

I MISS THE PEOPLE IN DRAG RACING.

i hope this is a great racing year. with good news for all race fans.

Check out the little caption on that magazine.....

I remember seeing a pic of the Snakes first pass in 1990. The car was straight up in the air right in the lights, body panels coming off, and the nose of the car seemed so much higher then the scoreboard next to it. Broke the front wing about 1100 feet and that was it. Snake crashed 3 times that year.

Oddly enough, Larry Dixon in crashed in preseason testing on one of his first passes at the same track just 5 years later.

Last edited:
Here is one of my Snake pics. He was my favorite back then. The Pepsi Challengers and Pepsi Wendy's Firebirds were the coolest to me. I'll see if I can find more.

83 Brainerd
BIRSnake1.jpg

Hey Tim, haven't posted in a few days. Just wanted to say, I agree, it's not the cost of the CARS, per se, I meant to say the cost to RUN these cars. There are many people who have all the infrastructure (cars, tools, truck, etc.) or would be willing to invest to start from scratch, but it's the money it takes to run each season that's parking teams and preventing new ones from coming in. It's funny, I watched the NHRA classic show on TV yesterday, it was I believe the '82 Springnationals. And Jeb Allen, Lucille Lee and others were going through motors like they were free. 28 years ago. As you outlined, in addition to higher costs for all the equipment, probably the biggest jump has been in what it costs in personnel to operate a team. That and traveling costs, which have skyrocketed for everyone, doesn't matter what category you race.

This one is from April of 1970 when Snake came to South Louisiana for a match race with C&H at LaPlace Dragway.
Inside_Candies-Hughes_Shop_Don-the_.jpg

Hot Wheels Cars:
10-0749339677L.jpg

Snake-Truck.jpg

336-vi.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back