Dixon Released (1 Viewer)

what an odd juxtaposition.
AJ, Al-Anabi racing, Larry and the Snake ironing out big dollar
employment contracts in the midst of declining teams
on the pro tour.

Best of luck to snake and spencer in 2009. Now that being said..... :) Very good news. I hope Larry finds a ride in a quality car soon.
VBG!

Good luck to both. Hope my favorite TF driver finds that quality ride quickly. Assume/Hope this means the AJ announcement is right around the corner too.

My dad taught me, "As long as they're not breaking your toes, be sure and dance with the one that brought you to the party".

Maybe that's just some southern wisdom or perhaps LD just wasn't taught good manners.

Here's a toast to Spencer for getting a good ride.

My dad taught me, "As long as they're not breaking your toes, be sure and dance with the one that brought you to the party".

Maybe that's just some southern wisdom or perhaps LD just wasn't taught good manners.

Here's a toast to Spencer for getting a good ride.

I don't understand this?
Dixon won 2 championships with Snake. I think he already "danced with him". What else does he owe Snake?
A new opportunity opened for Dixon and he took it. Good for him.
Also Dixon is not leaving Snake high and dry as Snake already hired a replacement driver.

Good luck to Snake/Massey and to Dixon - wherever he ends up;)

-stan

Maybe I'm "old school" but LD still had a year to go on his contract.
I'm old enough to remember when a handshake was good enough and had value.
I just have this thing about jumping contracts.
Yes I know it goes on in other sports and professions.
I don't like it there either.

Apparently Dixon would rather drive for AJ than the Snake and "Two dumb Okies" (their words, not mine :D ). More power to him.

As I said on my thread.............next year is going to be wide open!!! I can't wait!!!

Last edited:
Maybe I'm "old school" but LD still had a year to go on his contract.
I just have this thing about jumping contracts.
Yes I know it goes on in other sports and professions.
I don't like it there either.

I agree totally, but in todays world, contracts are made to be broken. They even include buyouts so one party or the other can get out. Look at the craziness in college football. My dad taught me that a handshake is your contract--unfortunately he died over 30 years agon, and I am afraid so did most people living up to their agreements. It is sad.:(

I wish we could get off the "he owes snake" train. He doesnt owe him anything. Dp employed him to drive the car and thats what he did. Im sure Larry is grateful for the chance but he doesnt "owe" him anything.

Mr. Acklin I agree with you that was the way we were brought up. Thought there would be some loyalty left in drag racing but I guess NOT!

Today it's run to the money! It's the "thing" in corporate america we hire new grads and they will tell you up front. often during the interview "i'm here for a while then I paln to move on". I appreciate the honesty but reward loyalty.

As I said before, I like LD before and AJ too. This may turn into an old school A** whoopin'.

I am really interested in how Tony Shoe will do. I will support him too as I have since he was in the Exide car.

Sounds strange, but I just like good racing and good people! With Warren and Kurt most likely on the sidelines, i really don't have a team i truly root for.

I think it'd be worse if it were a handshake deal ya know? There are out clauses in the contracts and I think it said that he 'bought out' the terms of his contract. If it were a handshake deal, he could have walked away more easily than contract, so Dixon must have something pretty firm to buy out of it.

Besides, with all the sponsors and crap, it's more business than drag racing buddies anyway.

It does seem a little strange to think of Top Fuel without the Dixon/Snake team, but it's a turvy topsy world right now. Just go with it, and wish all parties involved the best of luck.

I guess all the people who slammed " The Agent" are going to be eating crow!
Once AJ and Larry workout the details the rumor section on this site will have a green "TRUE" which is a pretty good track record...;) :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back