Yep...it's Dixon (1 Viewer)

Really was hoping TJ would get the spot, and if it wasn't TJ, I thought it might be a young lady, but I guess the sheikh, wouldn't go for that.

Sorry but the Agent didn't pick Jack Schitt !!! You don't get to choose several different names, then all of a sudden one of the many names he chose is the correct one. There are only 2 sources that had this correct from the beginning. Nitromater and Comp +

sarcasm Shannon, sarcasm .........

Sorry but the Agent didn't pick Jack Schitt !!! You don't get to choose several different names, then all of a sudden one of the many names he chose is the correct one. There are only 2 sources that had this correct from the beginning. Nitromater and Comp +
uh...not sure that info is accurate....

Lest we forget the Hillary will RUMOR posted on this site?
Not criticizing, just a subtle observation.

I'm sure AJ and his teams will have a tour of duty over there during the off season. My question is, will Del's Megarita Mixer make the trip to Qatar? :DSo far, Dragstrip Finder doesn't have any listings for Qatar. Perhaps they are in the process of building a facility.

Lee - if it's this off season, they better hurry! Testing starts at Firebird in 35 days.
Regarding drag strips, there is a very nice one in Bahrain (an island nation floating on oil just off the coast of saudi Arabia and Qatar). Google Bahrain Drag Racing for a lot of info and message boards (might need to be able to read Arabic for some of this).
Latest Qatar drag strip info I can find (sic) - Doha, July 12, 2008 – "As part of development process a new and modernised circuit for drag race will be build in Qatar soon. The new proposed circuit will have high international standards to host major world championships as well as to provide Qatar motorists excellent opportunity to show their driving skills and talents, besides competing in different tournaments in world drag races. The circuit will also include all facilities and services required for fans."
Do any of the more informed Maters have Sheikh Al Thani's email address? I'm sure he would be delighted to hear from some US fans! - ;)

I speak with true authority on the topic....getting anything other than a standard suitcase and personal effects through customs, is a logistical nightmare.... and I don't care how much money you got or whether you're Alan Johnson, the Sheik, George Bush, Barack Obama, Bob Frey or Jennifer Anniston!!! :D

I am happy for Lawrence Dixon... but at the same time, I am really pissed that Larry and Donnie and Donald Purdomme couldn't work together until "the end". Donnie Bender is STILL a great Crew Chief; this doesn't change that. Larry Dixon is still a great driver. They had some magical times together. I cannot wait until Donnie's car lines up against the one that Larry is driving.

I speak with true authority on the topic....getting anything other than a standard suitcase and personal effects through customs, is a logistical nightmare.... and I don't care how much money you got or whether you're Alan Johnson, the Sheik, George Bush, Barack Obama, Bob Frey or Jennifer Anniston!!! :D

Chris - I assume you are referring to shipping AJ's teams to Qatar to race. I have some experience in international shipping and the customs issue is usually the receiving country looking for a way to generate revenue.
Al-Anabi and Shiekh Al Thani have been transporting Pro Mod cars back and forth with little apparent problems. The Pro Mod cars will now stay in Qatar for the 2009 season and Al-Anabi teams will reportedly have new cars to race in the US next year. I seriously doubt that Qatar custom officials will question what His Highness is shipping into his country on a cargo plane that he (or another Sheikh or Prince) probably owns. JMHO

Got a link to a pic?

Dave, Unfortunatly they are not public yet.. I got to see by sure accident as my good friend is doing the designs... I wouldnt suspect it being to long now before they are released though .Now that both drivers have been announced.. Dont get me wrong I would love to be the first to post them but its not worth a friendship..lol He told me as soon as AJR gave him the word he would let me though....

Dave, Unfortunatly they are not public yet.. I got to see by sure accident as my good friend is doing the designs... I wouldnt suspect it being to long now before they are released though .Now that both drivers have been announced.. Dont get me wrong I would love to be the first to post them but its not worth a friendship..lol He told me as soon as AJR gave him the word he would let me though....

Thanks for the reply Shane, no sweat on the confidentiality thing ;) And while I normally don't ask questions I think I know the answer (or don't want to know the answer), but it's not an abomination....er, I mean Toyota, is it?

Thanks for the reply Shane, no sweat on the confidentiality thing ;) And while I normally don't ask questions I think I know the answer (or don't want to know the answer), but it's not an abomination....er, I mean Toyota, is it?

For some reason, I thought it was going to be a Honda Accord....

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back