anyone know? (1 Viewer)

please oh please let it be no more pro stock bile, instead it can be nostalgia super stock! who wouldnt want to see a 63 max wedge 4 speed car against a 63 catalina super duty car wheels up gear shifting going in the 8s side by side!! ok i can dream

i see tv ads all the time for shows on a different channel. It seems a little weird but its been going on for years !! maybe not on the major networks but it happens alot on cable.

Those are time buys at the local cable level, I have seen CNN commercials on Fox News, and you know that Fox would not sell CNN time on their network

Here's what I think is a perfect example. CBS is a TV partner of the NFL. The bigger NFL is the better for CBS because more people will tune in to watch the games, right? I just finished watching the AFC Championship game, and not once did they mention that the other game would be on FOX this afternoon. It's not CBS' event to promote. But you can bet that tonight every CBS station will report on the NFC game AFTER it's over. But they darn sure won't be telling their viewers to watch another network. They did talk about the winner going on to Indy for the Super Bowl a couple of times, but NOT ONCE did they even say that the game would be on TV. Because it's not going to be on CBS, and CBS doesn't promote shows on other networks.

FOX will talk about the early game during the show because it's already over. No one will be switching networks to watch it. But They won't tell the veiwers that they can watch the Super Bowl on NBC. For the same reason, it's not FOX's job to promote NBC programs.

CBS did promote the snot out of the Pro Bowl, why? Because it's going to be on CBS.

Alan

I was not being completely serious with my post and I hope people did not take it that way, of course I did not pressure anybody, the NHRA CLEARLY does what it pleases. Alan, your too smart for mater at times. It's my b-day, I had the last laugh and that's actually ok.

i see tv ads all the time for shows on a different channel. It seems a little weird but its been going on for years !! maybe not on the major networks but it happens alot on cable.

FYI: Only if the "other" channel is owned by the parent company of the channel that is currently being watched. For example, on NBC they have ads all the time for shows on USA but it's because USA is owned by NBC.

PBIR helped Kalitta/Ken Black by sponsoring H. Will's TF'r a few years ago
for a handful of races; i'm sure at that point their intention was not to promote
IHRA on the side of an NHRA car @ NHRA races?

the test @ PBIR is almost an additional nat. event and far enough south of
gainesville to attract it's own sector of FL population.
If you listened to bangshift over the weekend you heard of the billboards
and constant radio advertising for over a week leading up to this event.
The event has proven to be a success.
Kudos to PBIR for capitalizing on the racers who converge annually @ their facility for this great unique event.

no points / no set order / nitro @ nite / no prize money / intermission
the stands were packed.

Last edited:
If you think what 75 -100 people on nitromater say or think has an impact on NHRA then I would like to discuss some real estate transactions with you.

Hey John, I agree that there may only be 75-100 regular posters on Nitromater, but I guarantee you there are thousands of lurkers who just view the threads and posts and never comment. You don't even have to join Nitromater to view most of the forums, so YES, I do believe what is said on here reaches many more people than we know. Nitromater has been around for 10+ years I believe and it is a very well known forum in the drag racing community.

PS: And NO, I was not paid for any of the above. Just the facts, Sam.

no points / no set order / nitro @ nite / no prize money / intermission
the stands were packed.

The owner sure is not stupid an knows very well the type of threat his facility can have if the right things happen.

What you wrote is a recipe for a foundation for a national event there. Of course he would just need to have points/order/a purse/ but the stands were packed and with a few tweaks he could get an NHRA national event there and would give NHRA's Gainesville a serious run for their money and pose as a threat. I don't see a national event being there possibly because NHRA owns Gainesville and they are never going to open up competition to G-Ville

The owner sure is not stupid an knows very well the type of threat his facility can have if the right things happen.

What you wrote is a recipe for a foundation for a national event there. Of course he would just need to have points/order/a purse/ but the stands were packed and with a few tweaks he could get an NHRA national event there and would give NHRA's Gainesville a serious run for their money and pose as a threat. I don't see a national event being there possibly because NHRA owns Gainesville and they are never going to open up competition to G-Ville
Is there enough room for a National event?

People often forget about how big of a state Florida is. It is every bit of 300 miles from Gainesville to PBIR. That is more than it is from Bristol-to-Charlotte, or Indy-to-Chicago-or-Norwalk, or Commerce-to-Charlotte, or even Pomona-to-Vegas. If PBIR upgraded their facility and switched sanction, there should be no competition for fans or competitors. Gainesville will draw more from Jacksonville/Orlando and PBIR will draw more from Miami/Ft. Myers.

The NHRA has little reason to be paranoid about IHRA, and even less reason to be paranoid about a potential National Event in South Florida.

Last edited:
257 according to Google Maps.

I'll take 257 ... I pulled 300 from memory/guesstimate. Still farther apart than all of the other tracks I mentioned. The closest to Gaineville-to-PBIR according to Google is Pomona-to-Vegas ... 255 miles.

And milage hairs being properly split ... I still say that if it were ever to come to pass ... a National Event in South Florida would have negligible to no impact on Gainesville (Just as Homestead has no impact on Daytona for the roundy round guys). Ultimately, I don't think it is an issue we will have to worry about.

Last edited:
PBIR is great for racing, but to support a huge race, they'd need to make very dramatic additions to facilities to handle huge crowds. Parking and overall walking space was pretty tight with the number of people there on Saturday. Restroom facilities were a major issue. I don't know how much pit space they weren't using this weekend, but from the amount of pit space I saw, they would have a hard time hosting all the rigs for a full pro turnout, plus pro mods, alky cars and a bunch of sportsman classes. They definitely have the potential and maybe (hopefully) enough room to grow, but there would need to be a lot added to host a bigger event. They also have one of the issues that Gainesville has - not many hotel/motel rooms near the track, especially not enough that aren't pretty high priced.

All that said, I'd love to have another Florida event!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back