anyone know? (1 Viewer)

have no idea, but did anyone realize that on nhra.com there is zero mention,
at least officially, of the PBIR test?
- bob frey talks about it in his column on dragracecentral.com
- it is talked about on virtually every other online racing site.
- who's who of their players are testing for multiple days
- DSR unveiling what may become the future of TF'rs
- new sponsors shown on track for first time
- no mention of bradenton testing either
- a. johnson & toni yates briefly mention bradenton in blogs, wilbur and
j. beckman (the only recent posts) do not :confused:

other websites doing a great job of reporting the goings on @ both locals.

come on nhra, let's see some ink (web content) on the tests; they may not
be officially sanctioned events, but they have EVERYTHING to do with
your series.

Last edited:
NHRA ! Top Secret !
Everything is always top secret till everyone looses interest !
So much non drama it makes me wonder if there is such a thing as P R in Drag Racing !
How much does it cost to rent a Billboard or two for a month before a National Race !
Unless I look at a Drivers Blog I wouldn't know a sponsor is showing a car and that driver is signing autographs !
Sponsors like visual stuff ! NHRA counts beans !
Rant over but I really like the thought of 32 car Nostalgia F/ C's ! LOL
Today's cars are as awesome as the old ones were in there day !
I'm reminded of that when I hear an old NITRO BURNING 392 Iron Block Chrysler Cackling at the Auto Rama in Dallas which just happens to be coming up soon !
RIP Bobby Langley , we will miss you ! I hope his memory lives on by his old cars happily Cackling away again this year !

have no idea, but did anyone realize that on nhra.com there is zero mention,
at least officially, of the PBIR test?
- bob frey talks about it in his column on dragracecentral.com; not to mention
is there announcing. (must be a side job :rolleyes:)
- it is talked about on virtually every other online racing site.
- who's who of their players are testing for multiple days
- DSR unveiling what may become the future of TF'rs
- new sponsors shown on track for first time
- no mention of bradenton testing either
- a. johnson & toni yates briefly mention bradenton in blogs, wilbur and
j. beckman (the only recent posts) do not :confused:

other websites doing a great job of reporting the goings on @ both locals.

come on nhra, let's see some ink (web content) on the tests; they may not
be officially sanctioned events, but they have EVERYTHING to do with
your series.

It's there whole IHRA policy. It's an IHRA track. NHRA has the attitude, "if we say nothing about it, it must not exist." I agree with you the no mention of the PBIR test is really strange to me as every nitro team knows about it and are either there or can't make it. They need to promote for Drag Racing good, not because of non sense with who owns what. NHRA stars at an IHRA track must really piss them off cause if you remember, since they started going to PBIR there has NEVER been one mention. It just makes the NHRA look stupid not saying a word about what EVERY person in this sport (media, fans, teams) knows is going on. There's really no excuse not to mention this. It has to be a pissing war.

Last edited:
It's there whole IHRA policy. It's an IHRA track. NHRA has the attitude, "if we say nothing about it, it must not exist." I agree with you the no mention of the PBIR test is really strange to me as every nitro team knows about it and are either there or can't make it. They need to promote for Drag Racing good, not because of non sense with who owns what. NHRA stars at an IHRA track must really piss them off cause if you remember, since they started going to PBIR there has NEVER been one mention. It just makes the NHRA look stupid not saying a word about what EVERY person in this sport (media, fans, teams) knows is going on. There's really no excuse not to mention this. It has to be a pissing war.

Well listen up bean counters--that means anyone interested in the pre-season doesn't have to go to NHRA.com-and look at any of the sponsors ads. Maybe we'll check in when Pomona comes around. :cool:

Note: I'm just sayin' that to get the point across--I still want to read Phil Burgess' great column. ;)

It just makes the NHRA look stupid not saying a word about what EVERY person in this sport (media, fans, teams) knows is going on. There's really no excuse not to mention this. It has to be a pissing war.

Absolutely, Patrick. If they knew how dumb it made them look, they wouldn't do it. The arrogance of the sanctioning body shouldn't astound me as much as it does, but...........it does.

Thank God for Bobby and the team at Comp Plus!

Sean D

Finally firing Tom Compton and Graham Light? That would be "optical data" I'd like to see. :D

Would anyone consider a BIG announcement to be the naming of the Official Starter of the National Hot Rod Association - presented by Rolex. :confused:

Supposedly, it's an announcement we will all LOVE.
I reckon it's the new starter, cos I sure as hell can't see NHRA doing something as cool as going back to 1/4 mile.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back