anyone know? (1 Viewer)

It's there whole IHRA policy. It's an IHRA track. NHRA has the attitude, "if we say nothing about it, it must not exist." I agree with you the no mention of the PBIR test is really strange to me as every nitro team knows about it and are either there or can't make it. They need to promote for Drag Racing good, not because of non sense with who owns what. NHRA stars at an IHRA track must really piss them off cause if you remember, since they started going to PBIR there has NEVER been one mention. It just makes the NHRA look stupid not saying a word about what EVERY person in this sport (media, fans, teams) knows is going on. There's really no excuse not to mention this. It has to be a pissing war.

Satch, the IHRA Division Director, is posting link to the track and Bangshift on Facebook!

Welcome Kenny Bernstein as your new starter :)

I'm guessing something along the lines of a Full Throttle Series sponsorship extension. To NHRA, that would be a big deal.

have no idea, but did anyone realize that on nhra.com there is zero mention,
at least officially, of the PBIR test?
- bob frey talks about it in his column on dragracecentral.com; not to mention
is there announcing. (must be a side job :rolleyes:)

Joe Castello was in the tower tonight. Maybe Bob tomorrow. If not, Joe's doing a great job..

Are the NHRA Banner Police there? I'd hate to see a product manufacturer hanging their banners around PBIR without paying "Uncle Tom" Compton!!!

They can hang whatever banners they want. As has already been mentioned, it is an IHRA sanctioned track.

Exactly. The NHRA has zero control over anything that happens here this weekend and so there taking the stupid route that since their testing at an IHRA track, they pretend that they must not be testing at all. They are pissed they can't get teams to use Gainesville (which they own) and all I can say is they should of got on the ball alot faster than PBIR did. Their whole attitude toward something as simple as this compliments my views. Their is no valid reason NHRA could provide for not supporting their teams and possibly helping the sport grow with the media advertising. They need to grow up and work with ALL dragstrips and not just if your family or not. Not one sanctioning body is a threat to the NHRA because not one sanctioning body offers what the NHRA does. It's nice to know 2012 is starting and NHRA continually proves this, "You can't fix stupid!" They are lucky the IHRA is of no threat and did away with TF in 2012 and FC in 2010, cause I would dare to say the IHRA had a better program together. When they had TF and FC and PS and Mod, I'm sure the NHRA was sweating.

Last edited:
Joe Castello was in the tower tonight. Maybe Bob tomorrow. If not, Joe's doing a great job..

dave, thanks for the correction - it was brought to my attention that
mr. frey may not be in FL this weekend.
i did hear joe for first part of side by side last nite - he does an
excellent job, just like his radio show.

dave, thanks for the correction - it was brought to my attention that
mr. frey may not be in FL this weekend.
i did hear joe for first part of side by side last nite - he does an
excellent job, just like his radio show.

No problem mate! On a side note I highly recommended to all fans to try to attend this "event". Yesterday's crowd easily surpassed last year's Saturday crowd. I'm sure today will be crazy! I have a family of newbies with me ....I'm hoping to get their first dose of Nitro on video LOL :)

It will be the TV deal for 2012.

Possibly the new start announcement, but I would not be surprised if there are more than one starter for this year.

As far as NHRA promoting the event, that would be a little like Wal-Mart promoting a sale at K-Mart

And if the IHRA had ever been a better deal for the pro racers, they would have been there.

Alan

As far as NHRA promoting the event, that would be a little like Wal-Mart promoting a sale at K-Mart

And if the IHRA had ever been a better deal for the pro racers, they would have been there.

Alan

No one would expect them to promote the EVENT-but they could easily promote the (their) players.

"RON CAPPS GEARS UP FOR POMANA WITH A 4.15 IN WINTER TESTING" <-notice that there was no mention of K mart anywhere in there? :eek:

Sherman,

I'm sure that it will be reported in Dragster when they do the season preview.

And many on here are saying they should be promoting the event. That's what I was responding to.

And just for the record, it's Pomona not Pomana

Alan

Sherman,

I'm sure that it will be reported in Dragster when they do the season preview.

And many on here are saying they should be promoting the event. That's what I was responding to.

And just for the record, it's Pomona not Pomana

Alan

No Mr. Spell Check, I'm pretty sure it's Pomana.

:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back