anyone know? (1 Viewer)

John,

You're correct, I could have worded that better. At one time IHRA did have a great competition program and many of the Pro racers ran on both sides. But the show they put on today is not one that is going to lure the big teams away from NHRA.

And I'm not slamming them, they have changed their format and it seems to be working for them.

Alan

John,

You're correct, I could have worded that better. At one time IHRA did have a great competition program and many of the Pro racers ran on both sides. But the show they put on today is not one that is going to lure the big teams away from NHRA.

And I'm not slamming them, they have changed their format and it seems to be working for them.

Alan

They changed there format even more and got rid of TF entirely. Hopefully that means NHRA sees more of Litton, Bobby Lagana, Dom Lagana Although i know that the Lagana had a deal where 1 tunes the other while the other races, I dont even know if they own 2 dragsters

They changed there format even more and got rid of TF entirely. Hopefully that means NHRA sees more of Litton, Bobby Lagana, Dom Lagana Although i know that the Lagana had a deal where 1 tunes the other while the other races, I dont even know if they own 2 dragsters

They do, only one is NHRA legal.

Not the announcement of the new starter or anthing to do with Larry Dixon's plans. I'll only say that I think it's cool and hopefully everyone else will as well.

Oh, and Patrick. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of your book.

Not the announcement of the new starter or anthing to do with Larry Dixon's plans. I'll only say that I think it's cool and hopefully everyone else will as well.

Oh, and Patrick. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of your book.

Thanks, it's something worth reading for sure. I am gonna run off schedule tho for now, It's not easy doing 14 years of stats and interviews within a 6 month contract time.

As far as NHRA promoting the event, that would be a little like Wal-Mart promoting a sale at K-Mart.

Alan

The track at PBIR may be an IHRA track now, but this is an independent event, Alan. This is NHRA racers (not IHRA racers) tuning up for the upcoming NHRA season. NHRA should care less where these guys are doing their testing, all that should matter is that they ARE. If the NHRA brass are being mum on this "testing" event because it is being held at an IHRA sanctioned track, then it is pathetic!! I would like to speak to Tom Compton and the NHRA board and give them a piece of my mind. I'm a drag racing fan since the 60's and have attended races by every 'HRA over the years, but the 'HRA wars are OVER! The previous IHRA does not really exist anymore. NHRA won the war years ago, and the only war they are waging with right now is with their loyal fans...(ie: myself and many many more like me) who are so disappointed in the actions of the ONLY real sanctioning body left. Now they are starting a war with the backbone of the sport, the "Sportsman" racers, and once they leave, their won't be any reason for the sanctioning body to exist. Wally Parks will be rolling over in his grave when that happens.

NHRA, listen to your fans, the REAL FANS, not the Joe Blows who come to one race a year when they happen to stumble upon it. And better yet, if you piss off too many sportsman racers, then you may as well turn out the lights. That's not what I want to see happen, but it is what I can see happening based on the current reality.

Alan, I think you do a great job, as do Bob Frey, and all the hard working and probably underpaid employees of NHRA. I don't have anywhere near the exposure or connections as a Jon Asher, who they rarely listen to either, but these are the thoughts of a longtime fan of 45 yrs of drag racing. I just happen to agree that Jon Asher (and others) are telling it straight and the silent majority, as well as the vocal minority, are aligned with his thoughts more than NHRA believes. Don't try and pin everything on this economy, just be creative and work harder. There is absolutely no reason that the Charlotte races are so lightly attended other than as a protest or lack of interest. Think about that one. I'm sure Bruton Smith would like to get to the bottom of the attendance issues at the "Bellagio" of drag strips! Oh, and YES, I at least can say I have attended one of the Charlotte races so I know of what I speak!

Respectfully,

A die hard drag racing fan

Last edited:
John,

Alan

You are right. They will not pull any pros away and most people on here hate their program. But the stands are full and the people have great time at one of their events.

Last edited:
Well, I just checked NHRA.COM and lo-and-behold, they have posted a story about the pre-season testing in South Florida. See the link below. They just conveniently leave out the name of the track. Okay, at least NHRA has acknowledged the existence of the testing. Kudos to the NHRA.COM web team.

NHRA Story » Hight (4.03), Schumacher (3.76) star in pre-season testing

And they even have the IHRA logo showing in the Courtney Force picture! So there you have it.

I think "we" being mater pressured them. They did not even acknowledge this last year. At least they made progress now. See, it makes my case solid. I proved they had no reason but to promote their stars no matter who owns what. They even have a pic that shows it's an IHRA track. Good Job NHRA.

I think "we" being mater pressured them. They did not even acknowledge this last year. At least they made progress now. See, it makes my case solid. I proved they had no reason but to promote their stars no matter who owns what. They even have a pic that shows it's an IHRA track. Good Job NHRA.

Sorry Patrick but that is absolutely NOT true. The event is over, so they are reporting the news. Just like they do with the Las Vegas testing and others. NHRA doesn't promote the Vegas test, or the Monday testing that happens at many tracks during the year. But they do report on it.

Taks Alexis for just one example, They never said "Come to the Texas Motorplex and see Alexis make license runs." But after it happened they said "Alexis earned her license" You report on the event after it has happened.

Alan

If you think what 75 -100 people on nitromater say or think has an impact on NHRA then I would like to discuss some real estate transactions with you.

Sorry Patrick but that is absolutely NOT true. The event is over, so they are reporting the news. Just like they do with the Las Vegas testing and others. NHRA doesn't promote the Vegas test, or the Monday testing that happens at many tracks during the year. But they do report on it.

Taks Alexis for just one example, They never said "Come to the Texas Motorplex and see Alexis make license runs." But after it happened they said "Alexis earned her license" You report on the event after it has happened.

Alan

Where's the "like" button for this post? :D

Here's what I think is a perfect example. CBS is a TV partner of the NFL. The bigger NFL is the better for CBS because more people will tune in to watch the games, right? I just finished watching the AFC Championship game, and not once did they mention that the other game would be on FOX this afternoon. It's not CBS' event to promote. But you can bet that tonight every CBS station will report on the NFC game AFTER it's over. But they darn sure won't be telling their viewers to watch another network. They did talk about the winner going on to Indy for the Super Bowl a couple of times, but NOT ONCE did they even say that the game would be on TV. Because it's not going to be on CBS, and CBS doesn't promote shows on other networks.

FOX will talk about the early game during the show because it's already over. No one will be switching networks to watch it. But They won't tell the veiwers that they can watch the Super Bowl on NBC. For the same reason, it's not FOX's job to promote NBC programs.

CBS did promote the snot out of the Pro Bowl, why? Because it's going to be on CBS.

Alan

i see tv ads all the time for shows on a different channel. It seems a little weird but its been going on for years !! maybe not on the major networks but it happens alot on cable.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back