Denver-Mile High Nationals (1 Viewer)

mrted775

Nitro Member
Need some ideas for some things to do and see around the Denver area along with going to the drags. We will be going for a week (July9-15). Can anyone give us some recommendations?

Hey there Mr Ted. We need some particulars from you. How many people traveling with you? How old? Your tastes? Your budget?
There are a few people on this site who could help ya here. :)

garden of the gods - colorado springs
estes park
hike to mt evans
if there is still good water, white water raft the poudre river near ft. collins
eat at the fort (wild game and etc), around the corner from bandimere
hang out on the 16th street mall in downtown denver
go to a rockies game for the ambience and watching the sunset and not the rockies

Go to a rockies game and sit in the purple row:cool:
Stop by Elitches as well
Maybe visit the US Mint too

Also,If you have some extra time, spend a day up in Summit County (an hours drive away) (shameless plug for my town:eek:)
Good scenery and fun stuff like lake dillon and free chairlift rides

Be sure to schedule time for a visit to Morrison--it's just around the corner on the other side of the ridge from Bandimere. It's a really cool little historical town with lots of neat shops, etc. and excellent restaurants. My favorite is Tony Rigatone's. Their calzones are delicious and HUGE!!! My personal favorite is the Abbandanza Calzone. Bon Appetit! Maybe I'll see you there...:D

Be sure to schedule time for a visit to Morrison--it's just around the corner on the other side of the ridge from Bandimere. It's a really cool little historical town with lots of neat shops, etc. and excellent restaurants. My favorite is Tony Rigatone's. Their calzones are delicious and HUGE!!! My personal favorite is the Abbandanza Calzone. Bon Appetit! Maybe I'll see you there...:D

You just made me very hungry!! SOO want to try one of those now!

Good to hear your coming to the local event here Ted. I would have to go with what most people are saying. If you do find the time Garden of the Gods here in the Springs is amazing, great hiking trails. Up that way is also Manitou Springs, they have some cool little shops and what not and its a large tourist spot. They have pretty much the only arcade left in the state that's also a penny arcade so kinda fun too. Maybe a visit to the United States Air Force Academy, not a whole lot to do there but checking out the campus and visitors center is kinda cool if you've never done it. Other than that there's lots of parks and trails to explore so hope you have fun.

Swing by the Daniel L. Ritchie Center for Sports & Wellness on the University of Denver campus... and get a glimpse of the 2009 NCAA Mens Ice Hockey Division I National Championship trophy... after we win it next week !!!! :) :)

If your ex-military or maybe into aviation, definately check out the "Wings Over The Rockies" museum.

And you're just not a true Denver visitor until you've been to "Casa Bonita"... a famous family-oriented Mexican restaraunt with lavish decor where some dude dives off an indoor waterfall cliff into a little pool every night. The food is terrible and over-priced - but, like I said - everyone has to see it once inthier lifetime.

Good to hear your coming to the local event here Ted. I would have to go with what most people are saying. If you do find the time Garden of the Gods here in the Springs is amazing, great hiking trails. Up that way is also Manitou Springs, they have some cool little shops and what not and its a large tourist spot. They have pretty much the only arcade left in the state that's also a penny arcade so kinda fun too. Maybe a visit to the United States Air Force Academy, not a whole lot to do there but checking out the campus and visitors center is kinda cool if you've never done it. Other than that there's lots of parks and trails to explore so hope you have fun.

Thanks for all the info so far.......... I think the hardest thing will be what to put on our priority list. Please keep the suggestions coming.

I'll toss in a plug here for Heritage Square also--close to Bandimere, near Golden. Cool amusement park type area with shops, restaurants, and reasonably priced rides, including a good selection of rides for younger children, and a really neat petting zoo. No admission to enter--ride what you want. They also have an alpine slide that features a chair lift ride to the top and a cool ride down. A nice family place close to the track that everyone would enjoy, I think

I will say thanks also .. this is awesome info ..

where would be a good place to watch fireworks on the 4th? we are coming in the week before

(hope you don't mind me piggy backing on your thread, Ted) :D

where would be a good place to watch fireworks on the 4th? we are coming in the week before

i have always wanted to watch the fireworks from lookout mountain. I think i might do it this year.
I would also add that make SURE you guys are available on the day before the race to be in Golden for the brewery tour and mater meeting and the following MOPAR block party. That is always a good time.

bandimere speedway has been having the "jet car" nationals there somewhere aroung the 4th...i took the wife and she was very impressed...with the fireworks that is...they even had a small orchestra to play patriotic music during the fireworks...the fireworks go off right on the strip and the seats are great...i of course like the 8 jet cars, tf harley and wheel stander

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back