Stock, Super Stock and Comp (1 Viewer)

:cool:Car count really good last race of year, anyone have any ideas why it picked up?

Car counts are ALWAYS good because of the way the end of the season schedule shakes out. You can tow west and hit Vegas 2, Vegas Regional and Pomona 2 on three successive weekends. Pretty efficient use of time for racing. Plus, it is your last chances to get a Wally or get your grade points or shuffle your divisional/national points or it is just your last chance to race for the year. Lots of good reasons to be in Pomona this weekend for the Sportsman set.

Chris is right on. Still, 81 Stockers and especially 66 Super Stockers is a darn good count! That's approaching Div 1 or 3 counts. Hopefully the trend will continue into 2015.

Last edited:
now if they would just get rid of the "super" classes drag racing would be alot better off!

The highest car counts are always in SC and SG! They race just as hard and deserve a chance to run National Events too. They are mostly family affairs and buy a lot of tickets, hot dogs, and "stuff" at the tracks.

That being said, I am have never been a big fan of the classes. If I had my way, both Top Dragster and Top Sportsman would be added to the traditional event rotation, where the various Sportsman classes skip an event, and then they would get an even change to run a National Event across the US.

The highest car counts are always in SC and SG! They race just as hard and deserve a chance to run National Events too. They are mostly family affairs and buy a lot of tickets, hot dogs, and "stuff" at the tracks.

That being said, I am have never been a big fan of the classes. If I had my way, both Top Dragster and Top Sportsman would be added to the traditional event rotation, where the various Sportsman classes skip an event, and then they would get an even change to run a National Event across the US.

I agree! Not a fan of the racing itself (really just the throttle stops), but there are some great players in those classes.

Also, there has been scuttlebutt of there being national titles for TD and TS next year, so you may get your way!

I agree! Not a fan of the racing itself (really just the throttle stops), but there are some great players in those classes.

Also, there has been scuttlebutt of there being national titles for TD and TS next year, so you may get your way!
They are back bone of Drag Racing not a spectators class but thats Ok they support the sport in a big way. Now saying that throttle stops can go awayg no fan here.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back