Coughlin elects to compete in Super Comp at Division 3 event (1 Viewer)

Coughlin elects to compete in Super Comp at Division 3 event

INDIANAPOLIS (July 18) – After a bit of deliberation, Team JEGS driver John Coughlin has reconsidered his decision to race just one car in this weekend’s Division 3 Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series event at O’Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, and will now compete in Super Stock and Super Comp. Coughlin’s initial dilemma stems from the fact that the Top Dragster class is not being contested at this weekend’s event. Coughlin, who is the current points leader in Top Dragster, had originally planned to race just one car, his B&B Race Cars built Super Stock Cobalt, but made the last minute decision to enter his dragster in the Super Comp class.

“The more I thought about it, the more that it made sense to race two cars this weekend,” said Coughlin. “Anytime you can race two cars, it only doubles your chances for success. I also believe that every run you make down the track gives you more opportunities to gather information and hone your driving skills. My Undercover Chassis dragster is running extremely well in Top Dragster, but it won’t be too difficult to convert it to Super Comp trim for this weekend’s race. I’m not competing for points in Super Comp so I can go out and have some fun and hopefully win a few rounds.”

Coughlin and his family have enjoyed much success at O’Reilly Raceway Park, which is one of the most historic venues in all of drag racing. In addition to his runner-up finish in the Pro Stock Truck class at the 2000 Mac Tools U.S. Nationals, Coughlin won the 2005 U.S. Nationals as a car owner when Brad Plourd drove his JEGS Mail Order dragster to the Super Comp title.

The JEGS Mail Order team will now have three entries in this weekend’s event as John will be joined by his brother Mike, who is a leading contender for the points championship in Top Sportsman with his Chevy Cobalt.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back