Indy '08 (1 Viewer)

paoldtimer

Nitro Member
Need your help guys! Planning a trip to US Nationals in Indy next year and would like to know of a good place to stay?

Is it worth renting an RV or a hotel room for the week?

General admission tickets vs reserved seats vs Top Eliminator Club?

Any and all ideas, suggestions welcomed.

We will be flying in....

I've stayed all over town. As long as you're on the loop its no big deal to get to the track. This year I did hotwire.com and ended up at a holiday inn for 49a night. I search around like crazy for good hotels and better prices. Flying in you'll be tempted to stay near the airport and it can be harder to get deals, if money os a big deal drive 10-15 minutes and that way you'll have more to spend at the track or on me your tour guide lol

I did general admin tickets this year. I've had reserved in the past and for 3 years did TEC. it's good where ever you are. TEC nobody stands in your way, most people wont even walk up the steps when a pass is being made or they will duck down. The food is good and the free water and lemonade along with the shady area makes the long hot days much more bearable. The down sise is the price.

General seats do have you way down track and during nitro sessions you do get crammed in a bit more. On the plus side you can have a bunch of maters all meet up watch the races together as a group of us do almost every year. Also if you get people around you that you don't like or if you just like to move around to get different views you can.

Reserved in probably your best value, just remember the track runs south to north so plan on which side you plan on sitting vs where the sun will be (Nitro, alky, pro stock and some comp pits are on the east side)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back