Cutting Cost? How about finding new revenue? (1 Viewer)

Just saw this to add. I know some of you guys mentioned the Pomona prices. So let's go even further in the same state of California. Look at ticketmaster for the Nascar goof clash at the LA Coliseum. Tickets are around $110, and there's been a lot of tickets sold already. That's not even a Nascar points race. I'm just saying, how can NHRA get this kind attention. If its not with ticket prices, then where? Just want NHRA teams to see the $$ that boring Nascar gets easily.
I have been out of town for the past week, but purchasing tickets for the Coliseum race is the first thing on my agenda when I get home this week. I just hope they still have some of the $110.00 good seats left.

without getting into how many and what classes should attend nat. events; i think a simple thing for nhra to do is allow fans more time between pro rounds on saturday,
the first round on saturday should be around 1pm and second at 4pm. more time for fans to take in the whole experience without feeling rushed, or feeling like they are missing
all these good classes by not being in their seat. said it many times, how does a fan spend money watching racing all day?.......and what about the companies that used to solicit in the pits?
give me your information, and you get a free t-shirt. i remember MBNA credit card used to do that.......and what got you to walk up to the booths and sign up? hot chicks.
nothing PC about it, but it works, and it'll never stop working.

Most folks don't realize the number of classes run at NHRA National Events varies from only 9 at Bristol, Epping and Houston to 17 at Indy and Norwalk. Facility size and past successes/losses most likely assist NHRA and their track operators in deciding how much show they need to produce the best ROI.
For the track owner and NHRA, every race is like going to Vegas. Win big or lose big. It's like a box of chocolates... you never know what your going to get. They best hedge their bets as best they can. The history of drag racing sanctioning body ownership is littered with guys with empty wallets. Clifford was in banking wasn't he? NHRA is smart to CYA.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back