Route 66 Raceway (1 Viewer)

Sue

Nitro Member
To all interested fans of attending the NHRA Nationals in June at Route 66. Please be advised that the ticket prices are the highest of all events they hold on the circuit....besides being a ticket holder since the beginning of the race track opening, for both events they held, they will not honor my seats or prices for the upcoming event. They sent a renewal notice, with not even 30 days to pay for this. The tickets have not since gone public, but they "sold" my seats. VERY, VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THEM....815-722-7223.. Just letting everyone know their bad techniques. No wonder they are going under!!

Sue, Chi-town has ALWAYS had the highest prices! Even in '98 when they first opened, it's clear the owners aren't huge Drag racing fans...

I'm sure that doing most business in ChiTown is more expensive than most other parts of the counrty.

Isc wants nothing to do with the strip Its a liability to them. The only reason they bought it was for the real esate and to have control over dates so they dont conflict with the roundy round crap. I fully expect it to disappear within the next few years. Its a loser to them and most board of directors wont stand for it. Its a shame as its a great facility.

I'm sure that doing most business in ChiTown is more expensive than most other parts of the counrty.
Even though your are probably right...That is not the point. We (the USA) are in a HUGE recession right now. The last thing they need to do is raise ticket prices!!! What a SLAP in the face to the NHRA.:mad: I thought that Tom (incompetent) Compton was dong everything is his POWER to help ease the wallets of the NHRA fan?:confused: That man needs to grow some....:eek::eek:

Even though your are probably right...That is not the point. We (the USA) are in a HUGE recession right now. The last thing they need to do is raise ticket prices!!! What a SLAP in the face to the NHRA. I thought that Tom (incompetent) Compton was dong everything is his POWER to help ease the wallets of the NHRA fan? That man needs to grow some...

Brainerd did the same... jacked up the prices again. just to go thursday-sunday it's $165 just to get in the gate and get a seat (no GA anymore). then if you want to camp (which, why go to BIR if you're not going to check out the ZOO) well now you're up to $225! :eek: awfully hard to convince newbies to come out at those prices.

I always found the "customer service" people at Route 66 to be extremely rude and inflexible in trying to obtain certain seats, unlike the people at Firebird and Sonoma among others that have been extremely helpful. Since the GA seats are as good as the Reserved seats at Joliet other than you have to walk a bit from the pit side, I just buy GA when I go to Joliet now. Finally getting back there this year after several years of missing due to conflicts. It is a great facility, unfortunately run by people who can't spell customer service much less provide any. Might explain why there are always so many empty seats for a great facility.

I love going to Joliet,It's the closest track to me that hosts a national event.I just don't care for how you are treated there.The two things that bother me are If you park on the spectator side they park you about six Inches apart,so you can't even open your door,and you cannot bring In any sort of sealed beverage(except maybe water)at most tracks you can at least bring In a can of Rockstar or Mt. Dew.

To all interested fans of attending the NHRA Nationals in June at Route 66. Please be advised that the ticket prices are the highest of all events they hold on the circuit....besides being a ticket holder since the beginning of the race track opening, for both events they held, they will not honor my seats or prices for the upcoming event. They sent a renewal notice, with not even 30 days to pay for this. The tickets have not since gone public, but they "sold" my seats. VERY, VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THEM....815-722-7223.. Just letting everyone know their bad techniques. No wonder they are going under!!

I, too, have been a ticket holder since the beginning when they had the Top Eliminator Club. Last year's deadline was mid-March and this year it was end of January, which is shortly after the Christmas holiday. I sent them an email and asked why they changed the deadline and still have received NO RESPONSE. The parking price has also become quite expensive - $15 p/day and they don't care if they place your vehicle in a mudpit. They also offer a parking pass on the pit side of the track but that is $25 p/day. We are really considering only attending 1 day of the event this year due to prices/expenses. We were quite excited that we had a track so close to home so that we didn't have to travel to Indianapolis, but the last few years has been a disappointment. I believe they have also stopped the test & tune sessions during the week for the average racer. What a shame that a "state of the art" facility is being wasted!

I agree it's not the time to up tickets. But I too love that track. That wrap-around seating is great. Other tracks call it "TOP ELEM" and charge extra. Not RT66.

I would rather pay a little more and keep the track open then lose it. We lost one race there already. After all it is THE QUICKESTtrack in the country

I, too, have been a ticket holder since the beginning when they had the Top Eliminator Club. Last year's deadline was mid-March and this year it was end of January, which is shortly after the Christmas holiday. I sent them an email and asked why they changed the deadline and still have received NO RESPONSE. The parking price has also become quite expensive - $15 p/day and they don't care if they place your vehicle in a mudpit. They also offer a parking pass on the pit side of the track but that is $25 p/day. We are really considering only attending 1 day of the event this year due to prices/expenses. We were quite excited that we had a track so close to home so that we didn't have to travel to Indianapolis, but the last few years has been a disappointment. I believe they have also stopped the test & tune sessions during the week for the average racer. What a shame that a "state of the art" facility is being wasted!

They don'twant to turn the lights on and yes it's a shame.

I don't mind paying a little bit more to go to Joilet. Of the tracks I have been to, by far Joilet is best facility to view a race. I love the seating next to the tower which gives you a view directly down the track. I hope the track staff is able to come up with a schedule which will allow them to keep the track open for local racers while still being able to make some $$. I think with the proper promoter/manager running the track, the track could easily make some money.

The original intent for the track was for the local guys to have somewhere to race instead of traveling 2 hours to a a track. Most of the original owners were racers. One still races pro-stock. It was great for the first few years you could race 5 times a week in the summer then we all know what happened: corporate america wrecked it. Its a shame.

I thought they bought everyone out...including Steve.

Yep, kinda sucks having something so close yet so clustered to even race there. On their test n tune nights heaven forbid there was an oil down.

I have NEVER had anything close to a good experience from the track workers. It is a great facility ran by some of the most rude people they could find.

Since it is the closest National Event to me it is my best opportunity to see the Show but I think I will go to Indy again this year instead of Rt 66.

For all the bracket guys just head North to Great Lakes Dragaway, it has all been re done and it the best small track in the area. Plus they are open 5 days a week!

I can understand the price increase. Don't like it, but understand it. No way can they justify not letting you have the same seats you have had for years.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back