Route 66 Raceway (1 Viewer)

Yes, Great Lakes Dragaway is great place to go to! That's where we race our events at.

No way to justify tickets that weren't going on sale to the public until February 9th. Hmm?

I guess I will be going to Indy and St Louis from now on.

Yes, Great Lakes Dragaway is great place to go to! That's where we race our events at.

No way to justify tickets that weren't going on sale to the public until February 9th. Hmm?

I guess I will be going to Indy and St Louis from now on.

See ya there!

keep a whether eye open for some nitro at the Grove hopefully this summer...

Let me know what ya need....I know the owners quite well and can maybe help someone out. :)

I wanted to let you all know that I submitted a letter on "Wake Up and Smell the Nitro" about the rise in Route 66 Ticket Prices. Low and behold they printed my letter.:D:D Here is the letter that I submitted!!!

Does NHRA know we’re in a recession?

As soon as the next year’s NHRA schedule gets announced I decide what three - four races I will attend. I always make Indy & Norwalk, but sometimes the other two may differ. The race in Joliet, IL, has always been a fan favorite of mine. Not only is Route 66 Raceway one of the fastest tracks on the tour it also holds the annual DRAW Auction. I decided to look at the ticket prices on another drag racing website and much to my surprise the ticket prices for the race went up. How AWESOME is that!

Here the USA is in one of its worse recessions and the NICE people at Route 66 Raceway decide to raise the ticket prices. I LOVE CORPORATE AMERICA! Not only that, I found out that individuals who received ticket renewals were given less than 30 days to renew-and the track would not honor the renewal ticket prices. Route 66 Raceway really puts the CUSTOMER in Customer Service... NOT!!!

I thought that the NHRA was doing everything in their power to help the NHRA Fan out during these LEAN times. Well one can always talk....

Kevin A. Bennett
Wilmington, Ohio

I'm sure that doing most business in ChiTown is more expensive than most other parts of the counrty.

They will find out it gets even more expensive when they look out at a sea of empty seats. I heard the other day that Daytona 500 tickets were being offered at half price because sales were lacking. Apparently some folks dont realize that race fans will finally get sick of being price gouged, and I am sure in the case of many, when faced with paying the rent and buying groceries or going to a race, the race will most times be the loser. I have a friend who quit going to Daytona because every year EVERYTHING went up in price---from parking his motorhome to the ticket to the track. And this was BEFORE the recession. Just came back from the Super Chevy show in Baton Rouge (which incidently has had some real improvements made by new owners) and talked to lots of old customers who told me they would like to buy parts, but just dont have any money. Gonna be a tough year guys.:(

I, too, have been a ticket holder since the beginning when they had the Top Eliminator Club. Last year's deadline was mid-March and this year it was end of January, which is shortly after the Christmas holiday. I sent them an email and asked why they changed the deadline and still have received NO RESPONSE. The parking price has also become quite expensive - $15 p/day and they don't care if they place your vehicle in a mudpit. They also offer a parking pass on the pit side of the track but that is $25 p/day. We are really considering only attending 1 day of the event this year due to prices/expenses. We were quite excited that we had a track so close to home so that we didn't have to travel to Indianapolis, but the last few years has been a disappointment. I believe they have also stopped the test & tune sessions during the week for the average racer. What a shame that a "state of the art" facility is being wasted!

Cindi, I have used that VIP Parking the last 2 years, and it's WELL worth it! Your literally in and out! No lines what so ever...

Cindi, I have used that VIP Parking the last 2 years, and it's WELL worth it! Your literally in and out! No lines what so ever...

Yup, and you could throw a rock from there and hit the nitro pits, it's that close. We keep a cooler in the car, and pack drinks and food in there. Makes that $25 back real quick not having to buy track food if you don't want.

Wow....maybe they will realize....NAW...NHRA doesn't care.

Last edited:

10-4 on the parking. I get suite tickets and its the cats azz.

Also, just talked to a good friend of mine down there(Joliet) and he is telling me, from what hes heard, if they dont break even this year its getting boarded up. He owns a buisness down there thats services stuff at both tracks so the info is fairly solid im thinking. Its a shame.

10-4 on the parking. I get suite tickets and its the cats azz.

Also, just talked to a good friend of mine down there(Joliet) and he is telling me, from what hes heard, if they dont break even this year its getting boarded up. He owns a buisness down there thats services stuff at both tracks so the info is fairly solid im thinking. Its a shame.

I bet that place would have plenty of buyers if that was the case!

How can a state of the art facility be so mismanaged?

BRUTON BRUTON

With any luck I'll be able to make the trip this year.

Joe ,
the rumor going around is that the owners don't want sell ,but to use the land as a support area for the circle track .
They believe they can make more money from RV parking than drag racing. :mad:

Ive heard this from a couple different people also but they dont come close to selling out the RV parking at the roundy round so why would they need more. There is alot of room for expansion on that side of the road also so im thinking it would be cheaper to dump the drag strip and buy the farm land. Guess we will see.

There is alot of room for expansion on that side of the road also so im thinking it would be cheaper to dump the drag strip and buy the farm land. Guess we will see.

well from their ownership standpoint.....why waste money buying more acres of land when you have prime real estate across the street that is hemorrhaging money because they don't know how to run it

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back