Recieved my ticket renewal... (1 Viewer)

Rich

Nitro Member
...for the NHRA Northwest Nationals scheduled for July 18-20, 2008. There was a price increase of $3 per ticket, which I suppose isn't too bad. For our two seats the total comes to $332.00. However, with a 15% discount for buying tickets for all three days of the event that total is reduced to $282.20. On top of that there's a $72 discount (or credit) because the Friday session was rained out last July. That credit reduces the total to $210.20.

I know people who spend more than that on a couple of tickets for a single football game. Good tickets for a NASCAR Nexel Cup race will set you back about $125 each. I'd say that $210.20 is certainly not a bad price for two people to see three full days of racing.

Hey Rich, did ya see where it says "parking is free"!!!
I'm not gonna hold my breath tho!!!

:D:D:D

Yes, I did catch that. But I think I might consider the purchase of a vehicle that comes with steel tracks if I have to park in that big pit again. :D

You guys need to quit parking in that big field and park on the paved street that runs perpendicular to the track, just up from the main gate. Plenty of homeowners up there willing to let fans park their car in their driveways/yards. Pretty nice to just drive right out after the race too.

Hmm, I didn't get mine yet... I guess it takes longer to make it up here to the "Great White North". What about all the upgrades/reorientation of the track - wasn't that supposed to have been done for the 2008 race? Is the seating diagram still applicable?

I haven't yet decided whether to go next year or not - with all the rain this year I sort of felt let-down and heartbroken. I ended up missing a pretty good race when I said "screw it" and drove back up to Vancouver BC to visit a buddy.

Yeah, that parking lot (and lack of parking patrol) was something else - took me 1.5 hours to get out on Saturday! It would be sweet if it was at least free next year.

Doug,

Yes, the seating diagram still applicable. I think it's still going to be awhile until the new track is constructed.

When we buy our tickets we always buy 1 child seat under 10 I think.. and its only $10 ,, the nice part is when the stands are full you have a little "hip" room.. Just put a cooler there or some junk.. and if it gets crazy you can say excuse me that seat is taken and have to stub that cost $10..

Also if you get lucky and some HOT chick is lonely, & needs a seat...you have a seat to offer :D

How come every track except Sonoma the ticket renewal fee is 20 bucks but in Sonoma it was 50?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back