Another Rumor (1 Viewer)

NHRA is a not for profit organization, so at the end of the year a significant percentage of the income has to be spent, thus the executives get a significant bonus each year.
oh my bad...meant to say non-profit...as for the tax code and bonuses, I've always been told what I wrote

I don't understand why NHRA executive salaries chap your guys asses so much. Hardly a day goes by without someone mentioning it. Their salaries are NOT out of line with similarly sized corporations/organizations. If you don't understand NHRA's corporate structure or tax filing status, that's YOUR problem, not Glendora's. Read the link Gino posted, then read it again. Really onboard that information and then make an apples to apples comparison to NHRA. Lastly, lets say you are the President or CEO of a corporation that has a cash flow of over 100 million dollars annually and profit of over 10 million. Would you want anyone to tell you what salary you deserve? I didn't think so. Would you align your salary expectations to the marketplace, or would you listen to a bunch of crybabies constantly complain about your salary? Would you still cash those checks? I thought so.

For many of us, we complain about the price of admission for a national event. But here is another issue where the customer was priced out of the NHRA market.

For 40 years my dad's small company (Valley Head Service) advertised in the National Dragster publication (along with several other print publications). Starting out with 1/4 page ads then to 1/8 ads until all that was affordable was the rate-holder 1" x 2" ad in the Market Place section in the back. However, when the cost was raised to $600 a week, that was enough to end the relationship. As an advertiser, he would get perks like 4 free passes to the Winternationals and World Finals. That went away too.

Anymore, he does better with DRIVE Magazine and other publications that are more localized and others that cater to the Nostalgia seen. VHS still has a global presence and has stayed busy during the shutdown, but has cut all ties to NHRA. we don't recognize anyone there anymore.

For many of us, we complain about the price of admission for a national event. But here is another issue where the customer was priced out of the NHRA market.

For 40 years my dad's small company (Valley Head Service) advertised in the National Dragster publication (along with several other print publications). Starting out with 1/4 page ads then to 1/8 ads until all that was affordable was the rate-holder 1" x 2" ad in the Market Place section in the back. However, when the cost was raised to $600 a week, that was enough to end the relationship. As an advertiser, he would get perks like 4 free passes to the Winternationals and World Finals. That went away too.

Anymore, he does better with DRIVE Magazine and other publications that are more localized and others that cater to the Nostalgia seen. VHS still has a global presence and has stayed busy during the shutdown, but has cut all ties to NHRA. we don't recognize anyone there anymore.

All the good ones are gone. :(

1/4 page ads then to 1/8 ads until all that was affordable was the rate-holder 1" x 2" ad in the Market Place section in the back. However, when the cost was raised to $600 a week

$600. per WEEK? If so, he might have been better served by advertising in the Wall Street Journal.
Presumably you meant ANNUALLY?

I was with Mac Tools for almost Twenty years. As a small sponsor in beginning we started doing the Midway with excellent results. We got to the point where we started filling sections of seats in GM all you can.see was yellow orange hats in stands with hospitality its was excellent for NHRA and our Customers couldn't wait for next year. Then they get US Nationals and it was good they wanted a long term deal. Things were good for everyone then NHRA GOT GREETEY raising prices and It all went away in my opion NHRA BLEW A GREAT DEAL.

I was with Mac Tools for almost Twenty years. As a small sponsor in beginning we started doing the Midway with excellent results. We got to the point where we started filling sections of seats in GM all you can.see was yellow orange hats in stands with hospitality its was excellent for NHRA and our Customers couldn't wait for next year. Then they get US Nationals and it was good they wanted a long term deal. Things were good for everyone then NHRA GOT GREETEY raising prices and It all went away in my opion NHRA BLEW A GREAT DEAL.
And for a few years now, the midway has been nowhere near what it used to be.

$600. per WEEK? If so, he might have been better served by advertising in the Wall Street Journal.
Presumably you meant ANNUALLY?

It may have been per month, but that was 15 years ago and was a lot of money at the time for little to no return.

You would think that the person who started this post would take the time to go to the County of Los Angeles website and check the BK filings and see if its true rather that post some bs rumor on the internet.

You would think that the person who started this post would take the time to go to the County of Los Angeles website and check the BK filings and see if its true rather that post some bs rumor on the internet.

Hey Mike, did you read the title of the post? It says very clearly it's a rumor. I don't give a f**k if it's true or not, all I know is the the people I talk to who are in the 'know' say that NHRA has to do something to save the company and the sport from going under and chapter 11 is the answer. I guess you and the 'red writer' are sharing the kool aid...

I hope NHRA works out of this year on a positive note our sport meeds this sanctioning body no matter ×ho ow,ns it

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back