Winternationals Observations (1 Viewer)

Drew Skillman is the grandson of Ray Skillman, auto dealer in Indy. They have been doing very well the last few years with Cobra Jet Mustangs in Stock and Super Stock, and they have stepped up to run 10-12 races with Elite in Pro Stock. Drew can drive ...

Yup. It's only a surprise, this early, in that I don't know how much seat time he actually has in the Pro Stocker. But, with his ability, the Elite equipment, and strong financial resources behind him, I have to wonder if we'll see a full pull from them if they keep showing success like this early on in the season. I do see he is entered for every race this season.

The kids (Blaine and Laura) and I attended the Winternats (as usual). We enjoyed the Chevfords of Force, the kids enjoyed seeing and pictures with Guy Fieri when he was watching the fuelers run. We were at Leah's pit as she was signing and Whit Bazemore showed up and was snapping candid pics of her. She asked him if he missed this stuff and he said "not at all". Mooneyes car was cool and all the crew in white when it went to the line was a sight. The rain on Saturday sucked.

Really liked the monochromatic Mooneyes car and team. We saw Whit too, only in Alexis' pit, where we also saw Vin Diesel in the crowd. Grandson got his picture taken with Alexis - the high point of the event for him :D Saw TV Tommy Ivo strolling through the manufacturer's midway while at the Simpson booth picking up some new safety equipment, and Linda Vaughn riding in a golf cart. Good times!

We miss the exhibition cars. Where are the wheelstanders? The people that are winners vying for a prize (the trailer) are really not that exciting to the rest of us. The T shirts should be launching right and left (after all they're $5 Tees!!).

We miss the exhibition cars. Where are the wheelstanders? The people that are winners vying for a prize (the trailer) are really not that exciting to the rest of us. The T shirts should be launching right and left (after all they're $5 Tees!!).

I think the Nitro Harleys took that spot at the Winternationals, I also saw the Winged Express AA/FA make a pass on ESPN3.

I noticed the credits at the end mentioned photos courtesy of Whit Bazemore (and others)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back