Houston Observations..... (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
First and foremost, thanks to God for not letting us get stopped by rain for one minute which is unfathomable really. It was raining at 7:45 yesterday the track and we were racing at 9 with no interruptions all weekend. Now to the rest: Very quick race, the finals were over at 4:05. Its normally 5:30 or so. And the new addition really helped the traffic, I left the track at 4:20 and was home by 5. The track sucked this weekend something bad. Seth, are you listening???

TF: Congrats to AB, youve really impressed alot of people with the way you handle that car and only took 4 races to win. Is Dicko back with Dixon cause he's running great this year, congrats to LD and Donnie. Hot Rod didnt have a very good weekend to say the least. Urs and Boom Boom Dupuy need to figure out how to keep the oil in that thing, $13k in oil down fines I do believe. Foley has his car running decent, and Mitch King actually made a few decent hits for himself. Doug Kalitta made several good runs this weekend. It was nice seeing Tony Shoe actually get beat in an actual race and not b/c of them screwing up or smoking the tires. Cory Mac ran well and Alan Bradshaw is impressing too watch. They have really found something over there, now if they will just apply it to raceday.

FC: I was disappointed b/c Ash lost but she had a very good car but so did Del and I didnt mind seeing him win. She just needs to work on those lights. Its too bad Ash and Gilby had to run first round b/c they were the only cars to get down the track 3 out of 4 runs in qualifying and they put on probably the best side by side show in round 1. John didnt look bad this weekend racing wise, still has a considerable limp. Rahn has Cruz running great also. Hight and Prock didnt have a good weekend for sure as they never made to half track I dont believe without smoking the tires. It was nice to see TJ make the field and win a round. Mel's car looks fine until half track and then it looks like a bomb going off everywhere. Its all over the lane and either heading to the wall or the c/l. It was a tough 1st round for DSR as Scelzi, Beckman, Toliver, and Capps all lost. Dont worry Kel, when Ace gets it figured out he will be right back at the top.

PS: WJ and KJ are making some major power right now. 209 from WJ yesterday. Krisher and V Gaines ran well this weekend also. Sorry to see Jeggie go red. When's the last time GA's not been considered the favorite? Until yesterday but Congrats on your win. Yates and Humphreys cars are beautiful. Billy Glidden and Shannon were very nice and thanks for the hat Shannon. Too bad yall had problems this weekend. Was really looking forward to seeing BG in the show. A shoutout to Larry Morgan for leasing his best motors even at hte cost of him not qualifying yet this year. And a thanks also to Max, Bill, Jane and the whole VegasFuel team for hosting us again. It was a blast and in only talking to Max for a little while I learned alot especially about the whole diecast industry (Barry, your the man.) It was also nice to see a Nickens car make the field at Houston, congrats Matt. Sorry to see the Swindolls crash there new car but they will be back. Glad Lamar was ok.

PSB: Always nice to see Matt win. I talked to Angie for a little bit on Friday, and I would love to see her win a race. Matt was the class of the field this weekend. Matt G. ran ok, not like at Gville though. Hines was off and on this weekend and really Angelle didnt make any noise but I will say the stands were actually loaded with her new Rush stuff.

Sportsman classes: Great to see Unk win. Shawn Langdon is the man, and that car is fine. Cant believe Scotty Richardson went -.001 red in the final of Super Stock. I know its hard to believe Jimmy Lewis won SG but he did. Lots of great sportsman action this weekend. Randy Eakin ran really well in TAD and Payne ofcourse always runs well in TAFC. I cant wait to see Spencer Massey in a fuel car to see what his lights will be, the kid is unbelievable. Anyone know what happened to Lee Callaway? Brandon Lewis is running really well also right now. That 5.20 SHields laid down was awesome.

Sorry for the long post but just thought I would write some stuff down from the weekend. I had a really great 3 days at the races and ofcourse hung out with Kelly, Greg Rice, Mark Krogen, Joe, and meet a few more that I have never met before. Other than the track being a wreck, the weather held out and I had a great time. Cant wait till the next one. See anyone who's going in San Antoio this weekend.

Justin

Justin, it was an absolute pleasure hanging out with you and your family. You all have an awesome sense of humor and I think I pulled an abdominal muscle from all my laughing.:) And thanks for introducing me to Boudin, that stuff was fantastic!

Justin, don't forget the parking situation was the best it's ever been also. We were about as far from the road as you can get and were on 99 in less than 30 minutes.

Yes Phillip, the traffic was great.

And Mark, no problem man. It was nice meeting you. I had a blast as well and I cant wait for that video!

Holy crap! Yes, yes....the dvd! I still can't believe he didn't think of that before getting on the plane! LMAO!

It was awesome hanging out with my buddies! Meeting some new ones was wonderful too!

Of course, any day at the track is a great one! Regardless of racing conditions. At least for me......

Yep - had a blast as usual. So glad they got the race in because the weather forecast was not very favorable.

I think that you all should just stop bragging!

You are depressing me even more!

:)

Dude! I don't think we could have been able to handle anything else cracking us up this weekend. And you ALWAYS provide entertainment! lol

We did miss you.....sorry about the work thing. :(

Yet another one that didn't track any of us down......GRRRRRRR! ;)

I didn't either and I'm really sorry I didn't. My hubby doesn't read the site and therefore wasn't interested. :( Poor me, right? LOL!

I did happen to sit about 6 rows directly up from Joe and the boys though. Section FF, Row L seats 10 and 11. I only took about 8 random pictures cause I was entirely too busy people watching. Oh, and race watching..LOL! The group behind me kept me in stitches most of the day. I really enjoyed myself and can't wait for next year. Maybe hubby will be more social by then?

I'll put the pictures up in a bit.

SNAP MICHELE!

Hmmm....when was Joe in FF? He sat in Gen Admin most of the weekend. Most of us were hangin' in JJ Saturday and Sunday. Friday was a free for all....we were scattered to the 4 winds!

I didn't either and I'm really sorry I didn't. My hubby doesn't read the site and therefore wasn't interested. :( Poor me, right? LOL!

I did happen to sit about 6 rows directly up from Joe and the boys though. Section FF, Row L seats 10 and 11. I only took about 8 random pictures cause I was entirely too busy people watching. Oh, and race watching..LOL! The group behind me kept me in stitches most of the day. I really enjoyed myself and can't wait for next year. Maybe hubby will be more social by then?

I'll put the pictures up in a bit.

I was in Sec. FF? Is that the 2nd set of stairs on the Gen. add side?:eek:

Joe, there was a guy there that looked like you, matter of fact I saw him twice on Fri and thought it was you at first until I got up close.

Uh oh, Justin,
you said something about Ashley's reaction times!

The other thread says we can't say anything about those!!!!!!!!

Otherwise good write-up!
Waiting for pics......

I think that you all should just stop bragging!

You are depressing me even more!

:)

Paul, somehow in all the fun we had, it still seemed like something was missing. I couldn't quite place my finger on it til now. It was you buddy!

Justin, Kelly, Greg, as soon as I get the DVD (you know what I'm talkin about:D) out of my camper that's in storage right now, copies will definitely be made and sent to you. Or maybe you should just all come to the Brainerd event and we can have a group viewing.

Good review. I agree, Ashley needs to work on her rt, otherwise, she could have won on her horse power. In pro stock, Krisher should have done better, I believe he is using Connelly's power and set up.

OK, I took this when I thought it was "you" standing at the fence...

joestwinlol.jpg

This guy was sitting almost directly behind you....

menwomen.jpg

"You" didn't sit in section FF all day. I think I saw ya maybe 2 or 3 times and I could have swore it was Greg with ya. I guess both you guys have twins..LOL! The shirt "you" had on said, "Muscle Cars and Race Cars, StripMasters Inc.". You gotta shirt like that?

Paul, somehow in all the fun we had, it still seemed like something was missing. I couldn't quite place my finger on it til now. It was you buddy!

Justin, Kelly, Greg, as soon as I get the DVD (you know what I'm talkin about:D) out of my camper that's in storage right now, copies will definitely be made and sent to you. Or maybe you should just all come to the Brainerd event and we can have a group viewing.

Let me check some dates and I will let you know. I could crash the Zoo Texas Style! And just for you, I might bring some boudin with me.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back