Observations (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
Force and Capps cant beat their teammates, Tony Shoe trailers everyone except for JR Todd, Melanie cant win a round if she bought it, Cruz is blowing stuff up every other pass, Densham is lights out in qualifying, You dont want to be the #1 qualifier in any class really especially FC, Robert Hight has the fastest hot rod on the planet and cant win more than a round here and there, Allen Johnson and Tom Martino are driving lights out right now. Will has a consistent racecar in the heat along with Hot Rod most of the time. Scott Kalitta's FC is running better than ever. Team orders seem to be non-existent right now. But the most interesting thing I take away from this weekend: PSM was actually entertaining to me for the first time ever really except for when Angelle first came out. That Ellis moonshot was incredible.
Ok, enough rambling. Any other thoughts?

I thought the weekend..and the show were incredible..

Baze throws a dart at Force..hehe (loved it)..didn't expect any other answer..considering the baited question.

My heart is aching for Melanie's poor Western swing.

JR's awesome driving..don't know why Tony peddled..but he must have felt something..either that..or AJ will kick his as$ after looking at the puter.

Alan Johnson does one of the best interviews..always..along with Chip..I love it.

My heart gets to racing come semis..great stuff..and the humility shown gives me chills. Jason..JR..Alan..Doug C..Force..Eric..always kudos to the great driver and crews of their opponent.

Felt for Ron..but they are still running great.

Overall..I'm pumped about our NHRA..and the continued coverage.

I thought today had some of the Best racing all year! Kalitta/Fuller, Todd/Will, a lot of good side by side runs!

Missed the race....looking forward to watching it on dvr tonight! Guess it will be before and after Driving Force, though. ;)

Force and Capps cant beat their teammates, Tony Shoe trailers everyone except for JR Todd, Melanie cant win a round if she bought it, Cruz is blowing stuff up every other pass, Densham is lights out in qualifying, You dont want to be the #1 qualifier in any class really especially FC, Robert Hight has the fastest hot rod on the planet and cant win more than a round here and there, Allen Johnson and Tom Martino are driving lights out right now. Will has a consistent racecar in the heat along with Hot Rod most of the time. Scott Kalitta's FC is running better than ever. Team orders seem to be non-existent right now. But the most interesting thing I take away from this weekend: PSM was actually entertaining to me for the first time ever really except for when Angelle first came out. That Ellis moonshot was incredible.

Nah.... Yours about covered it all.... ;)

All great observations.

You want an observation?

How about 7, that's right SEVEN hole shot loses for Greg Anderson so far this year. Many people like to give WJ a hard time about leaving, but even though Greg is still 2nd behind Jason, how big of a points lead could he have had?

WJ is still getting it figured out, Greg with his performance this weekend has it figured out.

I'm not trying to bash Greg, but again with all the grief y'all have been giving the Professor about his lights the last couple years, I thought I'd mention this.

Greg may still win it all again this year, but it won't be because he can consistently chop down the tree.
Just an observation.

All agreed, just need to add...

Paul Page only knows Gary Gerould as "G-Man!" ARGHHHH!!!!! :mad:
(And that Tony Martino P/S guy... :p )

All agreed, just need to add...

Paul Page only knows Gary Gerould as "G-Man!" ARGHHHH!!!!! :mad:
(And that Tony Martino P/S guy... :p )

ya it took a sec to hear that one. but i must say he is showing some excitment sometimes, but he realy do look like elmer fud with out his hat. at least espn is starting on time most of the time. mikey

You want an observation?

How about 7, that's right SEVEN hole shot loses for Greg Anderson so far this year. Many people like to give WJ a hard time about leaving, but even though Greg is still 2nd behind Jason, how big of a points lead could he have had?

WJ is still getting it figured out, Greg with his performance this weekend has it figured out.

I'm not trying to bash Greg, but again with all the grief y'all have been giving the Professor about his lights the last couple years, I thought I'd mention this.

Greg may still win it all again this year, but it won't be because he can consistently chop down the tree.
Just an observation.

That was one that I missed that I actually did mean to put on the list. Its got to be hard on GA right now. He used to not be that bad on the tree but I will say this, if you go .080 or worse in PS, there's a chance your going to get trailered.

Did anyone observe if Cruz's crew chief was in the pit at Sonoma this weekend?

Now, I'm no expert, but even I am really starting to wonder about the DSR pro stock program. Yes, I know, EE and qualifying as well as Carlson have been beat to death elsewhere, but that's the thing I keep coming back to after watching the past couple races.

In Seattle, it was tough for the top six PS cars. In Sonoma, it seemed like getting through the first round was tough for quite a few of the top FC drivers.

If anything, the Western Swing reinforced for me just how cyclical racing can be for most drivers. Top fuel is a great example. JR Todd winning two of three, beating Shumacher twice, while Melanie is struggling mightily to win a round. Quite a reversal from say four or five races ago.

The next three races will be very interesting, very telling as to what the championship points races are going to be like heading down the stretch in all four pro classes.

Last edited:
Good input from everyone. One thing I'm happy about, is that even though we've gotten to a point where a few guys own most of the FCs, they really are racing heads-up, which is extremely important for the sport, IMO. Hats off to all the multi-car owners for running this way, even though it has to be painfull at times (e.g. Capps had 2 opportunities to gain ground if Whit had let him, but they did it straight up). Also, I was happy to see Mark Niver get top speed in TAD with a 273 pass.

how about WJ going -.001, bummer it was a redlight but he was almost dead on, after doing that against Connolly in round 1, DC turns around and puts the same redlight number up in round 2.

Pro stock. Line's starting to make some head way. But with Anderson not being as dominant as he has ben in past years. the drivers in 3-6 spots must be kicking themselves for not taking advantage while they can.

Pro Stock bike looks to be a 4 way show down. How exciting is that.

I think the best thing is that just about anyone can win on any weekend right now.

At the beginning of the season there it looked like a one woman show for the rookie of the year but with JR's past couple of races it now a 2 person race. I hope Hillary wins it but it will lead to an interesting argument as of right now you'd be arguing top 10 finish vs 2 wins.

I like the lack of team orders right now. granted it is before Indy but still seeing Whit take out Capps and Eric take out Force may hurt but it makes whoever wins the championship that much sweeter.

I like the new disk on the bikes, not only for the top end timing but I believe that has helped cut down on the redlights too

You want an observation?

Just an observation.

Looks like he can't buy a win. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

I still have faith in the 3-time champ and Jason's doing an awesome job. The road to the P/S championship still goes through KB Racing. :)

Looks like he can't buy a win. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

I still have faith in the 3-time champ and Jason's doing an awesome job. The road to the P/S championship still goes through KB Racing. :)
I'm not rooting for Greg, but the championship does go through KB & the Summit team, and that's my worry. Those guys can whip anybody.
I don't dislike Greg, just don't root for him most of the time. If the KB boys do win another, it would be refreshing to see Jason do it.

With that said... GO KJ!!! :D

Another observation is Tony Pedregon and the Q team. Those guys are running really well, and have been all year. I enjoy seeing TP do well, just not at the expense of JFR. He'd been kicking JFR butt until Eric beat him this weekend. Dickie V. & Tony are a force to be reckoned with (no pun intended).
I like Cruz and he had the Vegas win, but I hope he can become just a little more consistent, and stop catching fire.

I'm not rooting for Greg, but the championship does go through KB & the Summit team, and that's my worry. Those guys can whip anybody.
I don't dislike Greg, just don't root for him most of the time. If the KB boys do win another, it would be refreshing to see Jason do it.

With that said... GO KJ!!! :D

Aww, come on, Naz...
darkside.gif

You want an observation?

How about 7, that's right SEVEN hole shot loses for Greg Anderson so far this year..but even though Greg is still 2nd behind Jason, how big of a points lead could he have had?

Just an observation.

Couldn't have said it better myself.....:cool:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back