Who's going to Phx??? (1 Viewer)

The family lives in Los Lunas and the funeral will be in Belen.

Larry, I apologize if I took any liberties in my suggesting that Joe Sherwood try and pay his condolences in person since I assumed that your family was in Albuquerque. I see now from your response that they aren't in Albuquerque exactly, but not far away (looks to be about about 20 miles) in Los Lunas and a little further South to Belen, depending on where in Albuquerque someone lives. We here at Nitromater all feel for you and for your family losing someone so young. You will be in our prayers. I didn't bring this up on the board, but last month my sister lost her husband to brain cancer after a long struggle. He was 59 so not young but he was in very good physical health up until the brain tumour was discovered almost 2 years ago. He was a very hard working aeronautical engineer for Boeing in Seattle. My sister is holding up quite well even though his passing was just 2 weeks before Christmas. Last night I heard from a drag racing friend in the Phoenix area who used to post on Nitromater occassionally and he had just had some heart problems and they found 95% blockage in one of his major arteries. They caught it before he had a heart attack and were able to put in a stint to open the artery back up, so he's had his scare for 2007. We all need a lot of prayers these days.

Thanks for asking Dave... I think I need a smaller tire. I shook like a mad dog, but went 7.93 at 166.29. Those are both my best so far. It was fun. I talked to the track director, and he said they used the NHRA tire dragger and really worked in the rubber.

He also said that the fuel crew chiefs said that the surface had NEVER been in better shape. I guess we will see tomorrow and this weekend. There were a TON of pro cars there!

That's great. Glad to hear the car is running well. As for the tire issue, we decided on the 2079 tire. That may be a bit too much tire to start, but as we throw more at it, we'll have all the traction we need. I think the plan is to head out this weekend with Buzzz, Paul, and Dad to check out the teams.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and wishes.

When you reach my age you expect your grandchildren to attend your funeral, not the other way around. Fortunately I was in Albuquerque visiting my family when it happened, so I was able to be there immediately. The family is taking it hard and Grampa is doing his share of mourning too, but the steady flow of friends coming by to pay their respects is helping and we'll all say goodbye to Josh on Friday.

Sorry to break into the racing discussion with personal stuff, but you folks are part of my extended family and your concern is helping me get through this.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine what you're all going through. He was far too young...

Alan (and all) - there's a note on DRC - the internet feed from the press center isn't working and there are no working phone lines either, so there's no way to send the reports until he gets back to the hotel in the evening. Bummer!

Alan (and all) - there's a note on DRC - the internet feed from the press center isn't working and there are no working phone lines either, so there's no way to send the reports until he gets back to the hotel in the evening. Bummer!

Welcome to Fireturd!
Take care of family Larry, we can live with delayed results.

The family lives in Los Lunas and the funeral will be in Belen.

Larry:

I am so sorry for your loss and send condolences to you and your family. I have been out of town all week and am just catching up on email/Internet stuff and am sad to not have seen this sooner. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

Lyle Greenberg

Thanks to all of you. The funeral was Friday and it was a rough day for all of us, but now we can start the healing process. The community my daughter lives in is close-knit and their support, like yours, was a big help in getting through the ordeal.

I was looking forward to reading some testing news to help me get my mind off the events of the past week, so I was as disappointed as anyone when the results were delayed today. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will go a bit better and I look forward to getting back to work next weekend, from Houston Raceway Park.

Thanks to all of you. The funeral was Friday and it was a rough day for all of us, but now we can start the healing process. The community my daughter lives in is close-knit and their support, like yours, was a big help in getting through the ordeal.

I was looking forward to reading some testing news to help me get my mind off the events of the past week, so I was as disappointed as anyone when the results were delayed today. Hopefully the rest of the weekend will go a bit better and I look forward to getting back to work next weekend, from Houston Raceway Park.

I'm glad to hear that your sister's community is providing her a lot of support. Their support and family support will be a great help now. We'll all be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully you'll have plenty of testing news to help occupy your mind a while this weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back