Firebird Div 7 race (1 Viewer)

Randy, that kid is as smooth in the burnout as any Funny Car driver I have ever seen! He needed to catch that shake a touch earlier on the last run and that could have been a pass. If he would have slapped it back a touch quicker, that could have been in the 80's. The car was definitely making the power this weekend.

Randy, that kid is as smooth in the burnout as any Funny Car driver I have ever seen! He needed to catch that shake a touch earlier on the last run and that could have been a pass. If he would have slapped it back a touch quicker, that could have been in the 80's. The car was definitely making the power this weekend.

Hey Buzzz:

Testing isn't going to be much of an option for us this year. The budget just isn't there. So we will be using most of the division races to do our testing and try things on the car while'st still collecting grade points for next year.

On the third run Daniel let it slide out of the groove a little bit. When the clutch came in down track he was kinda in the marbles with the left rear tire so it chattered the tires as it tried to knock them loose. So, still being a "newbie" in the car he clicked it off. Then he remembered that I wanted him on the gas to the finish line so I could get a look see at what the flow meter was doing in high gear, so he got back on it. 6.03 wasn't bad considering he was off the gas almost 2 seconds.

After making significant changes to our combination we accomplished our goal and did learn quite a few things. We tried some hardware that appears to have increased the power a bit. I ran our normal Phoenix set up for the first session and it got up on the tires spinning them hard, hazing them for first 60-80 feet rather than squatting and sticking them like it normally would have which was actually very encouraging. After making a few changes to the fuel system, clutch and gearing it looked pretty close by the third run. Now we are looking forward to Las Vegas next month.

See you there?

RG

Not sure if we will be there, but there is a possibility.
Car looked go though.
randyd7small.jpg

Nancy,

Didn't happen, my car owner flaked out at the last minute.

That's not really fair or accurate, but I'm the one telling the story and that's how I'm telling it-LOL

Alan

Nancy,

Didn't happen, my car owner flaked out at the last minute.

That's not really fair or accurate, but I'm the one telling the story and that's how I'm telling it-LOL

Alan

Tell the car owner that if he'd let you drive, he wouldn't have lost in the third round in the other car he drove this weekend. Ok that's not fair or accurate either, but let's have fun with this!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back