Dug out some old pics (1 Viewer)

Gary H

Nitro Member
And scanned a few. Cheap old 35mm and an old 110 so they arent that great. I'll keep adding as I get them scanned. Going to have to play with the sizes too :confused:

Some people here that have run at firebird will remember some of the cars :cool:

Old race pics

Last edited:
Rare is right..

That one of Garlits on the hook from '85 is rare. Not many people remember that crash, let alone have pics of the aftermath.

If I remember, didnt he roll it at the finish into the mud. It had been raining a few days before.

Brand new car---It was the week before the Winternationals, he was running Gary Beck and the wing came down in the lights. He got the chute out kept it straight for a little bit, but ended up going over on it's side and into the mud. Took it to Johnny West's shop and got it back together for Pomona.

Just the tower. You have to look pretty hard to find pavement.

Lots of those cars look really familiar.

Buzz some guy posted here a couple of years ago that the track is still there, but totally weeded over. I'm going there this weekend, maybe I'll take a jaunt out that way.

Great shots...Loved the one of Willy B...Bill Bushmaker....used to live in San Diego, and was a camara man for Channel 8....Old family friend!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back