Who is your favorite NHRA driver? (1 Viewer)

I like so many, it usually came down to the few drivers I rooted against.

But ones I always root for

TF: Hillary Will, Kalitta's past and present, Antron, Clay, Cory Mac and of course Garlits
FC: Capps and Beckman
PS: WJ, KJ, Erica, Pawuk and Andy Manarino
PSB: Angelle, Steve Johnson and Joey G is rising up my list

I’d say my favorite NHRA Driver(s) would be the amazing men and women who drive all the semi trucks, the haulers and drag all the trailers full of all the crap all around this great nation for the better part of a year just to make these “cute little pop up farmers markets” happen.

It’s far too easy to assume this all just magically gets moved and coordinated seemlessly between race weekends. One might forget that every single one of these drivers have families, bills, pets, Dr appointments, spouses and they need food and shelter and showers too. There are no airports or rental cars with this group. There’s no championship money, no autographs or interviews. They are sailors on the concrete sea. Without them there would be no race next weekend!

Favs listed first followed by others that I root for. Note: I don't necessarily root against anyone that's not listed lol.

TF: Antron Brown, Brittany Force, Clay Millican, Mike Salinas and Josh Hart

FC: John Force, Ron Capps, Robert Hight

PS: Dallas Glenn, Greg Anderson, Aaron Stanfield

PSM: Angelle Sampey, Eddie Krawiec, Karen Stoffer, Joey Gladstone, and Jianna Evaristo

PM: Jose Gonzalez, Kris Thorne, Stevie Jackson

:

Know what's cool? Mike won Bakersfield and years later, his son Adam did. Also Larry Dixon Sr won Winternats and years later, Larry won.

One person chose Torrence … a guy who has won all those championships and is one of the best drivers. I guess it speaks volumes that hel will never be in the ‘favorites’ class of Glidden, Garlits etc. no matter how much success.,

The difference between the Torrence type of drivers verses the Gliddens, Garlits, Manzos, Wilkersons is that the later group did it all. Besides driving they did the engine building, maintenance, tuning, innovating, etc., to stay on top rather than hiring talent to do it.

Top Fuel: Darrell Gwynn (Don Garlits)
Funny Car: Tim Wilkerson (Al Segrini)
Pro Stock: Bob Glidden (Scott Geoffrion)
Pro Stock Bike: Eddie Krawiec (Karen Stoffer)

Primary (Alternate, or #2)

Favorite Driver =Greg A. & The Mongoose
Favorite Beatle =Paul
Favorite Jackson 5= Tito
Favorite Stooge = Curly

. . . . i think that covers everything ! :)
I don’t think that your list was JERMAINE to the situation…..

“What do the ***damn Germans got to do with this anyway?” -Sheriff Buford T. Justice

🙃

Current Favorite Top 3
1. Doug Kalitta
2. Ron Capps
3. Clay Millican
*John Force (honorable mention)

Current LEAST Favorite Top 3
1. Steve Torrance
2. Justin Ashley
3. Tony Schumacher

Non-Active Drivers Favorite Top 3
1. Eddie Hill
2. Larry Dixon
3. Don Prudhomme
*Courtney Force (honorable mention)
*Darrell Gwynn (another honorable mention!)

Last edited:
Every driver is on my favorites list so I will only name the top ones
T/F: Big, LaHaie, Karamesines
F/C: Jungle, Minick, Forces (all of them, xtra point for Ashley)
P/S Grumpy, Morgan, EE
Everybody that creates controversy is also on my list

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back