Your Favorite TF Driver? (1 Viewer)

Okay, I realize that this may be none of my stinkin' business, but I've been reading & following Rod Fuller's blog and I am a huge fan of his. In my book, he's one of the best, but there's been a phrase in two straight blogs, and it's been puzzling me.

In his blog dated: September 25:..."we had some fun and went to Beale Street. We dropped off Baze because he’s an old family man (Just kidding Baze!)and we drove around Memphis for a few hours. We met up with Hillary Will, my favorite Top Fuel driver, and had dinner at Rendezvous. We had some ribs; they were just ok. I wasn’t that impressed and the waiter didn’t like me. He was mean, but my company was good."

And on his blog, dated October 2: "After that, we went to the Dallas Stars game. We did an autograph session at American Airlines Center with a group of other drivers including my favorite Top Fuel driver Hillary Will. They had a few suites for all the NHRA teams. We used it as a team bonding event. It was great. I’m not much into hockey, but I like the fighting."

Did Hillary beat someone that Rod needed her to beat? Or did I miss something about them hooking up? Or is this a running joke that I've missed until now?

Please, this is not a thread to bash either one of them, if that happened, then I think it's awesome. That just seems...a little odd that it would be in two blogs.

Anyone?
I was wondering the same thing.That's great if they are.Hillary's a cute girl.Rod's my fave and John Force too.

FIRST to Last..........And EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
Second would be Gary Ormsby.
When it came to GaryCOURAGE was his middle name.......
REX

Not bad, big Ormsby fan and I throw James Warren onto the heap. There was a reason for sheer terror when that old wagon made the haul over the mountain and pulled into the pits.

My favorites? Anyone ever affiliated the man who's last name I have tattooed on my right arm (KALITTA).

That of course includes Ben Marshall - ORIGINAL driver of the Strivectin-SD Top Fueler!

My only other one would be a guy who's family I got to know pretty well back in Michgan, who was sadly killed while racing..... the late Wayne Bailey.

I'll post this in my usual split personality manner to reflect the 2 divergent paths this thread is taking.

First, regarding Hot Rod and Hillary, well who really knows what's up with that? It might just be coincidence that he's referred to her as "his favourite" twice in the past few weeks. It might be that he's sweet on her. It might be that he really ISN'T very fond of her and he's being a bit sarcastic/snippy. I don't know him personally other than saying "Hi" and getting an autograph last year (oh yeah and I chatted w/his brother at the IHRA race this year). Or, it could be a bit of a backhanded "thwap" towards all of Hillary's detractors...

Second, MY favourite TF drivers are:

Current Drivers
  • Hot Rod
  • Dixon
  • Millican

Past Drivers
  • Garlits
  • Capp (my avatar)
  • Muldowney

I hadn't ever thought about the relationship status for either Hillary or Hot Rod. For whatever reason, I just assume all these folks are taken, heh. But, a quick glance at Hot Rod's "official NHRA driver profile" shows that he is single. Hilllary's profile omits relationship status.

So, I guess anything's possible. *shrug*

Rod is single, don`t you remember after he won Phoenix a couple years ago, he told the whole world during his top end interview about his wife leaving him. There was plenty of talk on here about it and everybody had their opinion.
Might as well chime in with my fave TF drivers too. Current drivers: Cory Mac, followed by Baze and Dixon. Grubnic too. Alltime: Cory, Amato and Blaine Johnson.

Favorite TF Pilots:

1. Brady Kalivoda
2. Clay Millican

Favorite Funny Car Pilots:

1. Brandon Welch
2. Gary Scelzi

Clay Millican & Bruce Litton....I've spent a lot of time with those guys. Very hard not to like them...on and off the track.

Also after spending time with Melanie (KOS Show) and Larry Dixon....gotta add them to my list, too.

Really....I can't stop with just a small list of favorites. There are some darn good drivers out there that I just have never had the pleasure to be around or meet.

Guess I'm looking at it from a likeability and driving skills/talent standpoint....and oh of course....JMO.

:)

By the way, I have some inside information for y'all....Hillary IS looking for a guy! I know she's had her eye on one in particular who frequents the tracks... he's thin, short, got a real "polished" look to him, and he's a real hardbody! He was last seen standing on a round, finished wood platform, holding up a drag slick. I think his name is "Wally". If you see him, PLEASE send him her way!!!!! :p :D

By the way, I have some inside information for y'all....Hillary IS looking for a guy! I know she's had her eye on one in particular who frequents the tracks... he's thin, short, got a real "polished" look to him, and he's a real hardbody! He was last seen standing on a round, finished wood platform, holding up a drag slick. I think his name is "Wally". If you see him, PLEASE send him her way!!!!! :p :D

Classic! I laughed my butt off when I read this!!! I hope she finds her 'man' soon.

hockey / fights .....??????
gotta' watch what you say.......... (racing / crashes)

all time favorite driver/owner/crew chief : frank bradley

Not bad, big Ormsby fan and I throw James Warren onto the heap. There was a reason for sheer terror when that old wagon made the haul over the mountain and pulled into the pits.

I was a HUGE Warren fan as a kid. Every year we would go to the March Meet and he was often the man to beat. I was also a big Jeb Allen fan.

I hope she hooks up with that guy real soon.;)

How about Number 711 AA/FD later Nummber 711 B/ED DAVE GERARD ??
711 AA/FD in the Butters & Gerard breaking parts
711 B/ED in the Butters & Gerard wearing parts out.........:p:p

Favorite Top Fuel YESTERDAY: Jerry "the King" Ruth, Big (need I say more), Blaine Johnson (RIP my Hero) Darrell Russell (RIP my FAVORITE TEXAN!), Eddie Hill (My 2nd Favorite Texan), Dan Pastorini...(JUST KIDDIN..), John Andretti & Jack Clark...(NOW I'm REALLY KIDDING)

Favorite Top Fuel TODAY: Tony Schumacher, "Hot Rod" Fuller and Larry Dixon Jr.

Favorite Top Fuel Tommorrow....To quote from "The Right Stuff".."WHO'S THE BEST PILOT I EVER SAW????WELL, YOUR LOOKING AT HIM!" :cool:

Favorite Funny Car YESTERDAY: BIG JIM DUNN, GARY BURGIN, CRAIG EPPERLY, DON SCHUMACHER, Al Hoffman....

Favorite Funny Car Driver Today: FAST JACK BECKMAN....RON FREAKIN CAPPS....GARY "WILD THANG" SCELZI...(are you noticing a pattern here!) and Of course JOHN FORCE and ROBERT HIGHT

Favorite Funny Car Driver of the Future....: LEAH PRUETT!

I was wondering when someone was eventually gonna mention Eddie Hill! I don't really have a favorite, but Eddie {and Ercie!} are always at the top of the list. The handful of times i've been lucky to meet them they've treated me like an old friend.

I was wondering when someone was eventually gonna mention Eddie Hill! I don't really have a favorite, but Eddie {and Ercie!} are always at the top of the list. The handful of times i've been lucky to meet them they've treated me like an old friend.

Funny you mention Eddie, I *just* ran across a photo at Mom's house that I took back in 1989 at Sears Point of the Super Shops "Nuclear Banana" with the huge roll cage scoop running against Robert Rheel in the old McGhee Quad Cams fueler in round 1 of the California Nationals. There's two old heads that I really liked. I sure miss Eddie and Ercie though, two of the most genuinely gratious and humble folks I ever had the pleasure to meet.

What was Ercie's little weiner dog's name? He was her little baby, rarely left her sight. Cute little guy too. Let me know if you want me to scan the photo.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back