Who is your favorite NHRA driver? (1 Viewer)

Kind of an easy out but most drivers through the years have been awesome. Of course I'll say John Force but mostly cause I'm like most people who hate change and he's still that constant who's still here, successful and doing it. I know he's looking at retirement but till then,,,. A driver that I've also admired is Mike Neff. His run as tuner and driver really impressed me.

Hard to name just one but Josh Hart, Clay, Mike Salinas, Aaron Stanfield and Camrie Caruso would be at the top of my list of current drivers.

Large Father for Top Fuel, Glidden for Prostock, Wilkerson for Funny Car. Least favorite, Prudhomme.
Let me clarify this with a revised list.
Past Top Fuel would be a tie, Big D and Larry Dixon, present Antron Brown
Past Pro Stock still Bob Glidden, present Greg Anderson
Past Funny Car, Al Hofmann, present still Wilkerson
Prudhomme's status has not changed
Another revision, add Eddie Hill to the TF list. Not only was he a great driver, but the liked Dachshunds also.

Last edited:
I might be a little biased in this question, but other than Dad and Cameron, my favorite driver is Justin Ashley. Who's yall's?
I’ve had many great interactions with most of the racers including your dad. Josh Hart, Tim Wilkerson, Camrie Caruso, Angelle, Steve Jackson, Doug Gordon and Corey Michalek are my current favorites. In all of my years following the sport, I’ve only really had one bad experience and that was with a former TAFC racer from the northwest that currently owns a nostalgia funny car. 😆

All-time favorites:
My mom's high school classmate Don Prudhomme
My dad's old racing partner Bob Pickett
Our longtime family friends Larry Dixon Sr. & Jr.
Our longtime family friend Larry Fullerton (I'm still good friends with LF Jr.)
Favorite car and driver combo is a toss up between Tony "The Loner" Nancy and James Warren "Rain for Rent" RED.

Current drivers that I'm most curious about how they finish is Cruzer, Ron Capps and Mike Salinas, but I also root for Cameron Ferre and anyone else who is considered an underdog.

Gino, here’s a shot of Rain For Rent dragster at the 1972 Tulsa National Challenge.
Apologies for the blur.
1664056533400.jpeg

Scotty Cannon was my favorite in Funny Car. Palmer, Salinas and Hart in Top Fuel. I really miss the Oakley team. Favorite owner, Jim Jannard!

My all-time favorite is the late Gordie Rivera who ran Pro Stock for nearly 50 years out of his speed shop in Yuma Arizona. He was the nicest guy you could ever meet, his whole family is that way.
Current favorites in no particular order are Jim Maroney, a local team who I have been able to do some photography/social media work for. Scott Palmer who is about as real as you can get. Matt Hartford who lives in Phoenix. I root for the independents which includes your dad but also guys like Jeff Diehl, Densham's, Wilkerson, Bill Miller/Troy Buff when they were racing just to name a few.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back