Who is your favorite NHRA driver? (1 Viewer)

AA/FD
Mike Sorokin
Don Moody
Carl Olson
Dwight Salibury
Shirley
Larry Dixon Jr

AA/FC
Ed "The Ace" McCulloch (my all time favorite drag racer)
Dale Pulde
Mike Dunn
John Force
Any funny car driver be it AA/FC or BB/FC that raced at Seattle 64 Funny Cars between *1971* and 1976
*1971* was a 32 car field. After the 71 race Doner and Evans said more would be better. Thank you Bill And Steve.

Pro Stock
Bob Glidden
Lee Shepherd

Honorable Mention
Every hip chick today, that sits behind the butterfly steering wheel of a A/Fuel dragster. I really dig those diggers!

All time favorite cars
1664123622820.png

AA/FD 1972 Don Moody in the seat. Walton-Cerny & Moody
1664123803292.png

AA/FC 1975 "The Ace" Ed McCulloch
1664124069574.png

Pro Stock 1979 Bob Glidden in the seat. Plymouth Arrow body. Bitchin body for funny cars too.

Last edited:
One person chose Torrence … a guy who has won all those championships and is one of the best drivers. I guess it speaks volumes that hel will never be in the ‘favorites’ class of Glidden, Garlits etc. no matter how much success.,

My all-time favorite is the late Gordie Rivera who ran Pro Stock for nearly 50 years out of his speed shop in Yuma Arizona. He was the nicest guy you could ever meet, his whole family is that way.

Gordie was a gem. Many years ago, after Saturday qualifying in Gainesville had wrapped up, my brother and I stopped at Sonny's (the original Sonny's, BTW) for a bite to eat. Gordie and his wife (IIRC) were seated at the table next to us and he struck up a conversation with us by asking what we were racing. I told him we were "just" spectators. That did not stop him from chatting with us on an off during our meal. He was a nice guy with a constant smile on his face.

Gordie was a gem. Many years ago, after Saturday qualifying in Gainesville had wrapped up, my brother and I stopped at Sonny's (the original Sonny's, BTW) for a bite to eat. Gordie and his wife (IIRC) were seated at the table next to us and he struck up a conversation with us by asking what we were racing. I told him we were "just" spectators. That did not stop him from chatting with us on an off during our meal. He was a nice guy with a constant smile on his face.
One year we were @ Memphis and me,my wife,Arlene and WJ were eating @ Corky's BBQ. Our waitress brought a WJ hat over to our table and pointed to a guy @ another table and said it was his hat and wanted WJ to autograph it. WJ told her he wouldn't sign it till the guy came over. She went back and told the guy WJ said to come over which he did. WJ shook his hand and thanked him for being a fan and autographed the hat. Yes I paid the check.

I was waiting to see Ace. I didn't come along until early 90's, but he was always one of my favorite crew chiefs.

Favorite Driver =Greg A. & The Mongoose
Favorite Beatle =Paul
Favorite Jackson 5= Tito
Favorite Stooge = Curly

. . . . i think that covers everything ! :)

One person chose Torrence … a guy who has won all those championships and is one of the best drivers. I guess it speaks volumes that hel will never be in the ‘favorites’ class of Glidden, Garlits etc. no matter how much success.,
The thread " anyone have an insight" might explain something.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back