Your Favorite TF Driver? (1 Viewer)

Favorite drivers? Doug K., Grubby, Hillary, and throw in Scott K.
Fav' crew chiefs? Brothers O.
Fav crews? all theTeam Kallita guys
I guess I'm just a Team Kallita fan.:)
Lee
Nitroclovers

I am with you on the Fav. Lets hear it For Team Kallita.:D

I'll post this in my usual split personality manner to reflect the 2 divergent paths this thread is taking.

First, regarding Hot Rod and Hillary, well who really knows what's up with that? It might just be coincidence that he's referred to her as "his favourite" twice in the past few weeks. It might be that he's sweet on her. It might be that he really ISN'T very fond of her and he's being a bit sarcastic/snippy. I don't know him personally other than saying "Hi" and getting an autograph last year (oh yeah and I chatted w/his brother at the IHRA race this year). Or, it could be a bit of a backhanded "thwap" towards all of Hillary's detractors...

Second, MY favourite TF drivers are:

Current Drivers
  • Hot Rod
  • Dixon
  • Millican

Past Drivers
  • Garlits
  • Capp (my avatar)
  • Muldowney

I met Terry Capp here in Ft St John at Tim Horton's. Saw him getting into his car and I went up to him like a giddy school girl.

A few years ago after qualifying # 1 with a stout run in Edmonton. Clay Millican got out of his car on the return road and jumped into the crowd hi-fiving every one, including my son. Hard not to like a guy like that.

All time favourite for me has to be Gary Beck. Underdog who did well.

Hot Rod Fuller
Melanie Troxel
J.R. Todd

Hopefully Hot Rod is enjoying the swinging single life in Vegas

S/F
D

Rod is single, don`t you remember after he won Phoenix a couple years ago, he told the whole world during his top end interview about his wife leaving him. There was plenty of talk on here about it and everybody had their opinion.
Might as well chime in with my fave TF drivers too. Current drivers: Cory Mac, followed by Baze and Dixon. Grubnic too. Alltime: Cory, Amato and Blaine Johnson.

In my defense, I don't believe I was a member of the 'Mater at the time, so I missed the discussion.
Thinking on it a bit more, I'm not sure I even saw the Phoenix race a couple years ago (if by a couple years you mean 2005), since I am still a relative noob to drag racing -- my first race was Seattle 2004 -- so I'm hoping that explains why I can't recall that top end interview.

As for favorite drivers ... I like every driver I've interviewed: Ron Capps, Melanie Troxel, Cruz and Tony Pedregon, Jeg Coughlin. They were exceptionally nice, accomodating and helpful.

Past:
Dick Kalivoda
Ron Gorans
Jeb Allen (I drove his older brothers' J/F FED "The Stinger")

Current:
Brady Kalivoda
Larry Dixon
Hot Rod Fuller

I grew up in the NW, so Dick Kalivoda and Brady Kalivoda are pretty high on my list. I got a chance to talk to Dixon after Friday night qualifying in Seattle years ago (think my second National event) and he let us join in their conversation like we were old friends.
BTW, if Hot Rod and Hillary are together, that is great for them.

Last edited:
"THE THRILL" (the Original THRILL THAT IS), was one of my Favorite people! I loved how Fuzzy Carter would run that bad boy REALLY RICH TOO!!!:eek: Gave us Starting line Guy's our MAJOR NITRO FIX!!!

I heard about the Passing of "HOT DOG" earlier this year, and That little dog, along with Ercie made me laugh everytime I saw them! The Hill's are great people. I'd love it if he came out of retirement to own a car...I'D LOVE TO DRIVE FOR THAT GUY!

One of the Guy's I forgot on my Funny Car list...is DALE PULDE! That guy can flat out DRIVE! I always thought it would be way cool of Force to Hire him like he did for Gary Densham. To Give Dale a Quality car, and see what he could do with it!;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back