the year is over (1 Viewer)

handsome

Nitro Member
kind of sucks because the racing was great. who will be with who for next year? but the best thing is NHRA & ESPN can finally put that god aweful Krista Marie song to rest!!!!. . it was like nails on a chalkboard every race!.

Have to agree, the best part of DVR is fast-forwarding through that crappy song.....kind of hard to beat the "Ladies and Gentleman" from Saliva last year. Of course that song was a stand-along song, not some "song-length-commercial" Always hate to see the year come to a end, time to start getting excited about what next year brings.

kind of sucks because the racing was great. who will be with who for next year? but the best thing is NHRA & ESPN can finally put that god aweful Krista Marie song to rest!!!!. . it was like nails on a chalkboard every race!.

Maybe I missed it Bruce, but I didn't hear it played once today:)

Amen to that! I wish they'd bring back Saliva's "Ladies and Gentlemen", the song fit perfect with our sport. The other song is too watered down/friendly :rolleyes:

I just mute the TV during that part & look at her.

I'm thinking they should play the [I]Rondo Capricioso[/I ]by Camille Saint Saens to put to rest insulting stereotypes of drag racers.
No?
How about Twist of the Knife by the Fabulous Thunderbirds?
They could rotate them . . .
Cheers,
Ed Arcuri
Rocky Mountain Superchargers

i am personally going to miss it, big mark wanted it played at his funeral, it was a fitting end to the service, so ya all kinda know its somethin i would not goin to miss.

congrats to all champs this year, cant wait till next.

I just mute the TV during that part & look at her.

sounds like my relationship with my ex wife....

But, with Krista.... I actually liked the song. It was different. I liked the formula project and Saliva, heck I even liked the "URGENT" song which was featured on ABC's broadcast of the 1986 winternationals...(which also featured a segment on Hall of Fame baseball player Reggie Jackson and his Drag Racing fetish).

I am with Bruce on this one.... The RACING was GREAT this season. There were so many close SIDE-BY-SIDE races in the Top Fuel and Funny Car categories.

I must admit, I am sad that it's over. I left Pomona yesterday and this sport just makes you run the gamut of emotions.

The highest of highs, the lowest of lows, laughs, ribbing, jokes, fun, good times, friends, wackyness, fights, bickering, freezing our asses off, burning in the hot radiant sun, being hungry, eating junk food, oogling hot chicks, looking at big boobs, paying high prices for track food/drinks, getting free stuff, visiting racers in their trailers, watching great racing, trying to use your phone over the sound of race cars and the loudspeakers etc etc etc......

Gonna go thru withdrawls bad.

Can't wait for the Winternats where we can start it all over again. I fvckin love this sport.

Last edited:
re: music into and out of tv segments;it's all crap,
all it says is 'our product is not good enough to stand alone by itself'.

the big boobs..............we'll keep those :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back