the year is over (1 Viewer)

I liked The Formula Project's stuff from a couple years back too.

I have both Saliva and Formula Project queued up in my iPod to help get the raceface on for 1st round and whenever focus is lost during an event. Two of the best "pump you up" songs I have ever heard.

I must admit, I am sad that it's over. I left Pomona yesterday and this sport just makes you run the gambit of emotions.

The highest of highs, the lowest of lows, laughs, ribbing, jokes, fun, good times, friends, wackyness, fights, bickering, freezing our asses off, burning in the hot radiant sun, being hungry, eating junk food, oogling hot chicks, looking at big boobs, paying high prices for track food/drinks, getting free stuff, visiting racers in their trailers, watching great racing, trying to use your phone over the sound of race cars and the loudspeakers etc etc etc......

Gonna go thru withdrawls bad.

Can't wait for the Winternats where we can start it all over again. I fvckin love this sport.

I just got home today,your thoughts cover my feelings as well.I'm still hooked.

I heard the NHRA promo people got Brian Wilson to change some words in "Lil Deuce Coupe" ....something like "it's a lil Fuel Coupe with a spec head mill" ....you'll want to skip around to that one!:D

Hey Tim, a little trivia for ya'. Foreigner is one of my favorite rock bands, and the lead singer, Lou Gramm, lives about 10 minutes from me. I bump into him at car shows throughout the summer, he has several nice muscle cars, like a pristine '67 442. He had a song in the '70s called "Rev on the redline" which referenced racing down Lake Avenue, kind of a well known stretch here in Rochester, NY.

Hey Tim, a little trivia for ya'. Foreigner is one of my favorite rock bands, and the lead singer, Lou Gramm, lives about 10 minutes from me. I bump into him at car shows throughout the summer, he has several nice muscle cars, like a pristine '67 442. He had a song in the '70s called "Rev on the redline" which referenced racing down Lake Avenue, kind of a well known stretch here in Rochester, NY.

How is he doing? Has he recovered well from the brain surgery? I remember it was touch and go there for a while. Hope it all worked out well for him, was always nice to me when ever they played Vegas.

"Runnin' all night on Lake Avenue
It's a piece of cake
If you know what to do
You've got to lose a few
'Til the stakes get high
When the odds are right
You just blow by

And make no mistake, there's women who just wait
For the man and machine with the best time

Rev on the red line
You're on your own
Feels like a lifetime
But soon you'll know"

kind of sucks because the racing was great. who will be with who for next year? but the best thing is NHRA & ESPN can finally put that god aweful Krista Marie song to rest!!!!. . it was like nails on a chalkboard every race!.

Didn't they say she had a contract to write next season's song too?

(KIDDING!!!!!!!!)

:p:D

Hey Dan, Lou is doing real well, I believe he is pretty healthy these days. He did a radio interview locally last month and they played some stuff off of his new CD, which I believe is Christian rock, and he sounded great. He's a real cool guy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back