Congrat's to the 2008 POWERADE CHAMPS! (1 Viewer)

That's funny these are the CHAMPS that every official record book will recognize as the champs. You should not take anything away for the teams playing within the rules and that is what you are doing by calling them lotto winners.

That is what "poor sports" do.

The taste of sour grapes lingers on...........

REX

that's odd I see 1 champ and 3 lotto winners.:p

Maybe they're your champs though

My Champs...NHRA'S CHAMPS...OFFICIAL CHAMPS...Powerade champs...What else do you want Sapienza??? Nothing is gonna change the final standings.. I'm sure that Tony Schumacher, Tony Pedregon, and Jeg Coughlin and their Hard Working Crew Members and Support Staff are extactic knowing that according to PJ SAPIENZA they are nothing more than LOTTO WINNERS!

BTW...Are you gonna write a $400,000 check to ROD FULLER...ROBERT HIGHT..(NOT CAPPS)...and $50,000 to Greg Anderson, and Cast a Golden Wally, and get the Leather Jacket and Ring and steal the #1 off the wings of Schu, T-Ped, and Jeggy's cars to make them the champions for 2007? If not, then at least give them props for coming to play when it counted. If not, then quit bringing your negitive outlook and Disrespect to teams who Simply put, followed the rules that EVERYONE ELSE competed with.

Please Direct your concerns to:

Tom Compton, the NHRA Board Of Directors, and Competition Commitee of NHRA.... But, Don't take out your frustrations on a these teams, drivers, crew cheifs, crew members and sponsors of these teams. That is weakness of ADDITUDE..and Weakness of Character...!

Congratulations to the 2007 powerade champions.
PS - these guys win & lose by rt's all season, no different yesterday
cagnazzi team sure came a long way this year.
TF - what can you say, don't give the army team an opening, they'll
find a way to walk through it. gotta' hand it to them.
FC - couldn't be happier for the owner/driver.

jeggie & tony x2 - all proven winners - no surprise for any of them.

PSB - how can you not like matt smith (at least he's likeable on tv)
thought the class played out the best of all four.

matt winning yesterday and peggy l.'s win in richmond - couple great
moments of the season.

You said it Tim.

I'd have had a lot more respect for the opposite view to mine if it were done in a more dignified manner to the racers.

Their lives are on the line.......not the keyboard dectractors to their accomplishments.......

Under WHATEVER system.

I cannot help feel contempt for the ones that behave so, so poorly.

The Racers DESERVE and have EARNED better.

REX

whats sad it 2 first timers could have been champions, instead all 3 ( i dont count the bikes) are multiple time champions

sweet! even better! rod fuller- robert hight and greg anderson- your real 07-08 champs!!!!!!!!

The 2007 Jeff Dibaigio champs are Rod Fuller, Robert Hight, and Greg Anderson. It so sweet that the 2007 NHRA Powerade Champs are Tony Schumacher, Tony Pedregon, Jeg Coughlin, and Matt Smith (sorry I recognize PSB as a class). The sweetest thing about this is all of the haters CAN NOT DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT! I hate it that people are putting down the Powerade champs by posting this crap. As others have said, voice your displeasure towards the NHRA not the drivers and teams who have busted their asses this year.

I don't see anyone putting down the champs. I see plenty putting down the system that made them champs. I agree with them. I congratulate the drivers who won, but despise the system that allowed the manner in which they won.

My Champs...NHRA'S CHAMPS...OFFICIAL CHAMPS...Powerade champs...What else do you want Sapienza???[/COLOR]

Don't single out PJ. Take a look at the petition. You call the lotto winners champions? The following is the definition of a champion in my dictionary.

Champion - One that is clearly superior.

Now who has been superior this year? Rod Fuller, Robert Hight, and Greg Anderson. I suppose you also consider Shumacher the Top Fuel champ last year when he should have been banned from the event.

It looks to me that some of us have a higher set of standards than others. And hell no, we won't accept the BS and we won't shut up.

I didn't realize lotto winner was a bad term. Hell let me win the mega millions lottery and I'd love for people to call me a lotto winner. Lets be honest if it were not for the system tweaking then they would have had no chance at winning the title.

Yes both the Tony's and Jeg did win the championships under this system. Whoever wins the college football champiosnhip every year is also crowned the champ yet people complian about that every year too.

Websters states a champion is: a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority

So nhra recognizes their contrived contest winner, I believe it should be the people who show superiority.

You guys have been so quick to point out all year how I can't do anything and how my opinion doesn't matter now all of a sudden it does?

I also have a hard time with the hypocrisy shown. Drivers that were very vocal about the countdown because they thought that it would hurt them now our praising it because it helped them. I find that disgusting.

and Rex please, of all people to call anyone out on class it shouldn't be you

I didn't realize lotto winner was a bad term. Hell let me win the mega millions lottery and I'd love for people to call me a lotto winner. Lets be honest if it were not for the system tweaking then they would have had no chance at winning the title.

Yes both the Tony's and Jeg did win the championships under this system. Whoever wins the college football champiosnhip every year is also crowned the champ yet people complian about that every year too.

Websters states a champion is: a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority

So nhra recognizes their contrived contest winner, I believe it should be the people who show superiority.

You guys have been so quick to point out all year how I can't do anything and how my opinion doesn't matter now all of a sudden it does?

I also have a hard time with the hypocrisy shown. Drivers that were very vocal about the countdown because they thought that it would hurt them now our praising it because it helped them. I find that disgusting.

and Rex please, of all people to call anyone out on class it shouldn't be you

PJ........there a many good people here

And then there are whiny crybabies like you.

Ya' wanna' throw insults?

Putz..........

REX

and yet complaining about the complainers makes you no better, but its ok because you're the one doing it right.

I think if most of the teams got together they could get this changed. I think most of them are just being politically correct and they do have the power to change this,

your right I had hoped they followed Garlits recommendation and not even bother unloading the cars for a qualifying effort. That would get nhra's attention but they don't trust each other enought to make that move.

I don't like the coutdown under any situation but it would be much more tolerable if the playoff contenders oh I don't know actually raced each other during the playoffs.

I went through and looked at the champs from Indy on and who they raced over the entire stretch.

Do you know that Tony Pedregon did not beat any of the final 4 racers from Indy on and only 1 of the 8 countdown players?

Schumacher managed 2 wins against the top 4 guys the other round wins came against non playoff teams

Jeg had 2 wins against the top 4 and 2 more against the top 8.

people keep wanting to use other sports as a reason as to why we need the countdown. In those sports teams actually play against other teams in the playoffs.

If they want to make it more legit in the eyes of us evil diehards then for the final 8 rank them 1-8 based on points and thats how round 1 is set up. The other 8 spots can go to non countdown teams based on qualifying. THis way a playoff and non playoff team don't race each other until the final.

Once they drop to 4 then its the same way those four seeded 1-4 reace in other in round 1 then the 2 winners in round two. The remaining spots are open to non countdown cars.

While we could still easily end up with the champ still not being the best at least they would have actually raced and beaten the other playoff teams.

Although the countdown did create artificial excitement at the cutoff for the countdown to 8, 4 and 1 I still prefer the old points system. Drag racing was always an accumulation of the entire season and you where rewarded accordingly. In my opinion with just a 2 race shoot out not only did the competitors get screwed so did the fans...

I also didn't like how the races themselves didn't seem to matter as much. Especially once the countdown to 8 happened. Everything revolved around the ending rather then the journey to get there.

To race itself has always mattered more to me then who won the championship

Don't single out PJ. Take a look at the petition. You call the lotto winners champions? The following is the definition of a champion in my dictionary.

Champion - One that is clearly superior.

Now who has been superior this year? Rod Fuller, Robert Hight, and Greg Anderson. I suppose you also consider Shumacher the Top Fuel champ last year when he should have been banned from the event.

It looks to me that some of us have a higher set of standards than others. And hell no, we won't accept the BS and we won't shut up.

First off Bob...You can tell me and everyone here and every other Message board all day long until your blue in the face how The (3) Lotto winners are not CHAMPIONS in your book. But, fact of the matter is, that YOUR BOOK, Nor MINE..really matters in the grand scheme of things. HISTORY will show that in 2007, Tony Schumacher, Tony Pedregon, Jeg Coughlin jr, and MATT SMITH were the 2007 Powerade World Champions. Nothing in the history books will say that:
1) It was a bogus championship because many fans of the NHRA did not Appreciate the COUNTDOWN To THE CHAMPIONSHIP, and Do not Recognize these men as the 2007 Champions.
2) The Championship was the POWERADE COUNTDOWN TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP, Not the NHRA TOTAL SEASON POINTS CHAMPION..(NOTHING WILL CHANGE THIS BTW!)
3) These (4) Men don't deserve the title NHRA POWERADE CHAMPION!

Secondly, YOUR OPINION about Tony Schumacher winning last years championship is Based off of some sort of "MYSTICAL NHRA RULE" that states that "ANY COMPEDITOR WHO DOES NOT SHUT OFF THEIR VEHICAL WHEN INSTRUCTED WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM COMPETITION FOR THE EVENT". If that rule exists in the NHRA RULE BOOK, and was not FOLLOWED TO THE "T" That's NHRA'S FAULT...NOT TONY SCHU'S! Should he have shut off the car when Told to...AS A LICENSED NHRA DRIVER I'D SAY I WOULD DO IT EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK AND TWICE ON SUNDAY. Did he pay a very large FINE for not doing so...YES. But, once again, its your OPINION that he should not have won the championship...NOT FACT! Your opinion very much counts....TO YOU....and those who want to accept it, but it's not based on FACT! I respect your opinion as your opinion, but In this case...Your Wrong! Your Opinion will not change the books...award the trophy to anyone else, or change the number on any other car! All it will do, is let those, WHO WILL READ, that Robert Korreck believes that These Guys are Lotto Winners..not champions.

LET ME SUM IT UP IN A QUESTION TO YOU BOB:

If you were a driver of a A Pro Stock Car, and going into the last 2 races of the year you had a CHANCE of Winning the world championship, and you accumulated enough points to Win the Powerade World Championship, and all the STUFF that comes with it, When Tom Compton was giving you your trophy and check, would you DECLINE, and SAY..."I'M NOT THE REAL CHAMPION...I WAS JUST LUCKY, SO HERES YOUR MONEY...TROPHY....AND NUMBER 1...Because I don't deserve it???

Out of the top three pro champions Tony Pedregon is the only driver who had to secure funding, drive the car, pay the employees, obtain a CDL, etc, etc....He has the current record...can drop low e.t. @ anytime and everyone digs him in the pits...and stays out of the gossip....He earned the right to be called #1 as he poured more than sweat equity into his program...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back