RIP Chuck Etchells (1 Viewer)

I think it was Superwinch but wasn't that a sponsor? If it was his company, I never knew that.

Yes, it was SuperWinch. I had a SuperWinch Ox winch on my '65 CJ5 and it was a pullin' wonder!

I did a little more digging into Super Winch and found that the company has been sold but interestingly it was founded by another guy who lived in Puttnam, Ct. which is where Chuck also lived.

Still not sure if it was just a sponsor or if Chuck was maybe a part owner or even just a distributor for Super Winch.
I am sure one of the guy's who raced him for years must know the story.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Don't know if Chuck had any ownership interest in Superwinch but, his main business supported the printing business. Some kind of specialized lithography or such.
BTW: While gone too soon, Chuck HAD to be older than 61. I thought he was around my age (70) if not older.

Nah he wasn't 70, no way he was older than Force, but either way, a great guy gone way too soon.

Don't know if Chuck had any ownership interest in Superwinch but, his main business supported the printing business. Some kind of specialized lithography or such.
I'm pretty sure the family business was centered around making press rollers for custom wallpaper printing. In any case, another great racer gone way to soon.

At 61, I'm assuming he did, but I don't think any info has been released regarding a cause of death.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back