Pedregon (1 Viewer)

Dear Tony and anyone with the ability to read,

Great job! You call things like you see it. You inform us on things we may not know. You bring conversation to aspects of the sport some would like to remain quiet.
Great job! Thank you NHRA, production company XYZ, Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, FS99, the manager at the Pomona KFC, the head of grounds at ZMax Dragway, and any other able bodied person in America that is responsible for Tony Pedregon being in the booth.

Steve Bullard

I think they tend to over explain stuff. For the casual viewer that may be good. I believe NHRA wants it that way to grow the audience. I choose to record and skip through most of it.

Over explaining drag racing isn’t needed. I watch something interesting, hear something I don’t know about, and I go look it up on the internet. I investigate it....that’s part of the fun...discovery.
Today’s youth needs the mystery to create the interest just like we had growing up. I have learned more about all of my interests in the last few years with my computer than any school or library could have covered...

I think they tend to over explain stuff. For the casual viewer that may be good. I believe NHRA wants it that way to grow the audience. I choose to record and skip through most of it.

We have been victim to this for as long as I have been watching about 20 years ago,, It is now taken to the extremes where the show's producer must believe that we gain A million new viewers a race and for the 10 billionth time we explain what a holeshot, or deep stage means.

I watched the Finals coverage last night and can honestly say that this was Tony Pedregon's worst performance in the booth yet. His clear biased against JFR and DSR team tactics was over the top. His commentating was all over the place and when he would try to interject things like his Bat Man analogy was just plain weird. He's had his chance to improve his commentating game and it's just not happening. It's time to move on!

TP is ok but as others have said I would really prefer Mike Dunn, BL is just ok I preferred Dave Rieff but can live with these two...

1574282497351.png

TP has gotten better over the past 2 years and I find him adequate for the job. Brian Lohnes is VERY good IMO, and was an upgrade over Dave Rieff that I didn't know I needed (that is NOT a slam on Rieff, I always liked him and found his enthusiasm for the sport real). However, the real breakout star in the booth this year has been Tony Schumacher. I say if he doesn't have a ride next year, find a way to get him in the booth full time.

I'm actually a big fan if Lohmes, yes he talks fast, but he's really informative and pleasant enough to listen to. TP is just bumbling nonstop. Actually, Tony Shoe sits in the booth once every two months and over shadows him in seconds.

Tony P was hypocritical in his commentary. On one hand he basically states that Cameron Ferre should just pull over and park because Torrance was racing for a championship then a few minutes later insinuates Force racing is taking a dive if for any reason John doesn't make a full pull. He even insinuates that Force's crew chief is acting. This is the face of NHRA on TV? Bad look.

Tony is not a natural at this. And yes, his opinions are sometimes aggravating. I think his multi year trial should be up. Brian is great but could slow down a bit. Bruno as analyst would be awesome but I’d hate to see him have to quit racing to do it. He’s very talented.

TP has gotten better over the past 2 years and I find him adequate for the job. Brian Lohnes is VERY good IMO, and was an upgrade over Dave Rieff that I didn't know I needed (that is NOT a slam on Rieff, I always liked him and found his enthusiasm for the sport real). However, the real breakout star in the booth this year has been Tony Schumacher. I say if he doesn't have a ride next year, find a way to get him in the booth full time.

^^^This^^^ is exactly where I'm at, almost word for word. I like this broadcast team a lot, in both the Big Show AND Sportsman and Pro Mod broadcasts.

Sean D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back