Texan Maters! (1 Viewer)

Suzanne

Nitro Member
Please can anyone tell me where they are experiencing snow tonight??? My son is on a bus (he hates to fly) on his way to So Cal and called and said he was snowed-in in Texas. I was half asleep when he called and Id like to be able to watch the weather, the map is showing so much severe weather there I cant tell what area hes in. We are suppose to visit during his stop over here in Phoenix. Thanks for any help, and keep warm!! PS Greyhounds help line was NO help

Most likely Amarillo, but Dallas/Ft. Worth was expecting a lot of sleet and freezing rain and schools were called off for today before the late news last night. Temperature dropped 30-40 degrees in a couple hours in the Panhandle amd northeast Texas, the cold is supposed to reach Houston by this afternoon. It's a "Blue Norther," just in time for December.

Yep hes stuck in Amarillo. With no estimated departure time. He just decided hes not afraid of flying anymore, now that he is going to arrive in So Cal 17 hours later than expected!

The panhandle of Texas is covered in snow right now. My father in law lives south of Fort Worth and said it was going to get pretty bad there too. Luckily, in Austin its just really cold and windy!!! Hope your son gets on his way soon and safely. Southwest does fly out of Amarillo so if he does decide to fly he should be able to get out fairly easy rather than being in some small city with nothing but a small commuter airline being the only service out.

I knew it was Amarillo as soon as I read your post. We're pretty well done in with snow and ice here in OK and I-40 is a complete mess for hundreds of miles. Here's hoping he gets out as quickly as possible.

So hows Amarillo this morning?? My son opted not to go to Denver as it turns out, afraid the bus wouldnt make it, hes still in Amarillo. His luggage locale is unknown at this time. The saga continues, will he make it home by Christmas!

Last edited:
Take heart , threes always the spring thaw!
Seriously lots of luck and I hope he stays warm.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back