FS1 Coverage Continues To Suck.......Again (1 Viewer)

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucked but with todays technology it could be better . I mean a whole segment with Jeg about the importance of doing a good burn out and hardly showing any burnouts at all . Really ?
The Content looking at crews , Tuners and drivers lacking . Not totally some like the Terry Chandler piece was good even though there was no menschen of her being Johnny Gray's sister or the Gray's long time affiliation with Drag Racing . Little details like hiring Louis Bloom did I fall asleep during his segment I did hear something about stats being provided by him . I like the live segments . As Far as Shirley it's great to see her out but why not show a couple minutes more of her rides and wins so New Fans can know who she is . I'm getting so old I need my memory refreshed too. Glad they had a get well sticker for the Mongoose should have had the Snake do it .
Yeah sounds of the strip should defiantly be brought back I'm a hundred percent for the thrashing the noise the fumes the whole experience that's what's its all about . I got caught between two cars firing up in the pits one time and my hat was blown up in the air and I couldn't see it coming down for the fumes then another one fired up and had everyone running or on the ground laughing hysterically about the wide brim hat hovering like a flying saucer . Talk about crying a river . LOL Come on NHRA you gotta figure out a way to bring some of that experience to T V not all talk .

I did enjoy the improved graphics VERY easy to read & compare with items in center RT - ET - MPH, the numbers on either side for each driver. They could leave them on screen a little bit longer.
So SMALL I could barely see them.....and then they were gone........:-(
I wonder why MAV/TV didn't get the deal to do NHRA ?? They would be a match Lucas would be a better show than fox.........

I have to believe Fox Sports has a much larger distribution base than MAV. I have Time Warner, and have all the channels, and was told I have MAV, yet I can never find the channel. Even with a rep on the phone, they couldn't tell me how to find it.

I like the idea of having drivers introduce themselves . But Definitely don't need to know where every driver is from. How about some bio about what they have done in the sport??
I like the down time between tape and live action . we get some interesting interviews etc. But Seems like a very long time to wait for the live finals.
Tony is doing fine and will get better.
I like bruno and jamie.
Seems amazing they cant get the reaction time onto the graphic for every race
Overall im enjoying the broadcast. but I've enjoyed it in the last few years also. I love drag racing and if i cant be at the race im happy to sit on the couch and watch

I like the idea of having drivers introduce themselves . But Definitely don't need to know where every driver is from. How about some bio about what they have done in the sport??
I like the down time between tape and live action . we get some interesting interviews etc. But Seems like a very long time to wait for the live finals.
Tony is doing fine and will get better.
I like bruno and jamie.
Seems amazing they cant get the reaction time onto the graphic for every race
Overall im enjoying the broadcast. but I've enjoyed it in the last few years also. I love drag racing and if i cant be at the race im happy to sit on the couch and watch
Driver hometown could be the key nugget that attracts a new fan. "Hey kids, that driver is from any town USA, that's where I was born" or "I didn't know that" ... then maybe you have a new fan.

I thought they do a pretty good job with the Bio info ...
  • Dave Connolly mentions his cross class accomplishments in PS and TF
  • Brittany mentions she's the only Force to ever drive TF
  • Clay Millican talks about when he started in TF
  • Leah Pritchett talked about her start in JR's
  • Many drivers mention the number of championships they have won in their class
  • Jack Beckman's is cool and different
  • There were lots of others with tid bits I thought were interesting, and some I did not know even as a long time fan.
That's just what I remember off the top of my head

I watched all three Gainesville shows. Didn't watch Pomona or Phoenix as I was at those races. I thought the broadcasts were good. Couple of thoughts:
1. While I like seeing two different qualifying shows, they are so short that you don't see the runs of a lot of the drivers, especially the smaller guys. As some have mentioned, these are really highlight shows.
2. I miss the technical comments/segments from Mike Dunn. I attend a bunch of races but am not a car guy so his explanations were always helpful to me. Tony doesn't express that same level of knowledge although I would think he has it since he was involved in driving a long time.
3. I did like the Jeg segment on burnouts. Didn't realize it was such a complicated process for Pro Stock. Up until last fall I had no idea what the process for burnouts was until I drove one of Doug Foley's Comp cars on the Strip. That was enlightening!
4. I have Directv and didn't notice the technical issues with the broadcast some have mentioned.

I saw most of the two qualifying shows. I liked them, because I like the camera work that is being done. It's much more realistic .I felt like I was there, especially the camera over the grandstands.I haven't watched sunday yet , I watched live on my ipad. which was cool.

Boy, there is just no pleasing some of you.

I think the shows are improving with each edition, and aren't nearly as bad as some of you are saying they are.

Tony is getting better, and more relaxed with each show. They've only done three of them so far, and I see improvements in his style already.

The graphics, which were admittedly a bit dicey at first, are also improving. I like the way they show the stage and green lights.

I think John Kernan's doing a great job on the top end interviews.

Some of you were complaining ESPN was showing too much fluff. "Just show me the racing!" Well, now they're just showing the racing for the first rounds, and you're complaining it's too condensed.

I swear, they could show Kate Upton jumping rope topless, and some of you would kvetch she wasn't jumping high enough.

I do agree, they've GOTTA do something about the tap dancing between the semis and the finals. I could just see newcomer's eyes glazing over, fingers paused over the "surf" button on the remote.

you could see sportsman finals being run in the back ground during the tap dancing. May select a different class each show, explain what the class entails, then show the final.

Also, I wonder how many times that stupid cone at the turnoff gate got knocked over by the trailing drag chutes? Why did it have to be right THERE??

Last edited:
Need more on-track reporters with large, heaving breasts. They could borrow some from Fox News. There's an idea!

I'd like to see some other classes in the down time-but I think due to the whole time frame revolving around the pro's, they might not have run the finals of the other classes yet?

Gainesville was better than Phoenix, which was better than Pomona. Lots of room for improvement, but each race they fix issues from the previous race, so NHRA is paying attention.

I think they have improved greatly since first show. Production and talent. Tony Pedregon has improved tremendously. He's finding his groove and comfort. I knew they would not copy ESPN format verbatim. Kudos.

Like one fellow said, NHRA controls the content, and we all know how well they're handling our sport right now. Enough said. Now, why did we not get any stock classes on the sportsman series telecast this weekend ? Lord have mercy, how can it go so wrong so quick? Is their no one with experience? Why don't we have some racers running the NHRA? Maybe consult? SOMETHING! To paraphrase,I WEEP FOR THE FUTURE!!

The sportsman finals were not on the show because rain screwed up the schedule. The last final didn't go down the track until a couple of hours after the rest of the event concluded. When they run on schedule they make the show. When the schedule gets jacked up, sometimes they don't.
Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back