Pedregon (1 Viewer)

watched the replay last night at 9pm cst. jeremy, you're absolutley right. the announcers gave it away before the run even started. stayed away from internet all day, just
to tune in last nite, and then learned many winners before they even left the line. gotta' get away from this practice.

What you have here is one person that is a fast talker, and another who doesn't talk very well.
The two as a team are like Speedy Gonzalez and Forest Gump. Why is that?
We have a constant talking fast talker that talks wayyyyy to much.

lohnes and pedregon are fine. tony has gotten better. brian will do the same....... nothing will ever be better than bob frey. IMO he was the yardstick still being measured against today.
could really never understand mike dunn's departure either. he was really good behind the mic. even marty reid took to NHRA very well.

Did anyone else catch that Tony said Ferre is a slow car he should of just pulled over and let Steve pass............

He is not a very good announcer at all, lots of correcting himself when he makes incorrect statements.

Did anyone else catch that Tony said Ferre is a slow car he should of just pulled over and let Steve pass............

He is not a very good announcer at all, lots of correcting himself when he makes incorrect statements.

How about WHENEVER Cruz is on? He broke to all of us the story of Lane to CPR and Cruz didn't have to say a word. Point taken as well is that Cruz has always said he knows how to tune. I don't doubt his ability, but when it comes to a time that is one that will get things done....nope.

TP has had a chip on his shoulder ever since he and Force split.
Constant building up of Cruz and his effort also.
"who knows what they did with the flows and timers on Forces car"
Bring Mike Dunn back.

I can't even remember a show Tony hosted where there wasn't a comment like you are hinting. Cruz is going up on Sundays against cars that were more consistent or about a tenth quicker and Tony always makes it seem like Cruz has the stronger car. Family? I get it. We do not need a cheerleader and then the Tony's questionable opinion about so and so.

I hope that the person who evaluates the on air talent has actually listened to Pedregon bumble his way through a broadcast. That should make the decision for them.

I think Tony has the ability to be a lot better, he needs coaching. He over explains things and in the process goes off the track, pun intended. I'm a big fan of Brian's, I think the whole broadcast could benefit from a bit less talk and more focus on the race track.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back