One of The Biggest Announcements in NHRA History (1 Viewer)

I was hoping for the announcement that In-N-Out burger was going to build a location in my hometown in Ohio. But hyping everyone up for a Smoke jumping in the seat so they can start a family? Come on.......... Guess when NHRA tells us the final race on the 2024 schedule, guess that wont be as big as news.

Not earth shattering news to current fans but perhaps having the Tony Stewart name will resonate with non Drag Racing fans and maybe that's what they here hoping for and why they hyped it as such big news. We'll see if non racing places pick up on it.

Hype doesn't often match the actual, but this seemed to fall in line with just news and far below a wow, threshold.

Every track owner is happy, interview was not even over and WWTR post this
1701961151283.png

That may be big for the suits at NHRA but come on that's a team announcement and not earth shattering. Tony has lready said he wanted to start a family soon so it's not a big surprise.

The Biggest Announcement's should have been. NHRA is getting rid of the annoying pop-up ads on NHRA.com
And the greatest one would have been (Been a NHRA.TV subscriber since day one) them turning the volume of
the race cars way up (The cars are the stars) and turning down the volume on the announcer's and the wannabe
dive bar DJ, who are trying to be the next great comedy duos...Not

1701962681191.png

Last edited:
That's a TSR announcement...which we heard was coming down....Not NHRA......If that is the big one.....Yawn is right.....and yes......Please god...please please...bring Dunn back....

NHRA kinda' over sold this one. Tony Stewart is GREAT for Drag Racing (When's the last time you scrolled through NHRA.TV broadcast to cathch the Alcohol Dagsters - well, me antway)?
Smoke will certainly be one of the drivers I pulll for season....and I wish Leah the best.

A better TV deal and better pay-outs woulda' been "big news".

A “major” announcement would have been a better TV package, or increased prize money, or that they are moving their headquarters to Brownsburg, IN.
Tony Stewart running TF is news, but it’s far from a major announcement.
It is more like they are finally announcing what everybody has wondered about ever since Stewart got involved with NHRA.
It’s a pity that NHRA thinks having a former nascar driver in top fuel is “major” news.

My hope is that Tony brings a couple of his smarter engineers over to take a look see at top fuel racing in the 2020's and what could be done to make the car faster, safer and repeatable.

The Biggest Announcement's should have been. NHRA is getting rid of the annoying pop-up ads on NHRA.com
And the greatest one would have been (Been a NHRA.TV subscriber since day one) them turning the volume of
the race cars way up (The cars are the stars) and turning down the volume on the announcer's and the wannabe
dive bar DJ, who are trying to be the next great comedy duos...Not

View attachment 14034

How did you get a picture of the NHRA Board of Director's meeting?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back