. . . . . And then there was one! (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
are we down to one last internet forum, that discusses NHRA racing ? They apparently turned out the lights over in the comp+ forums. Haven't found any announcements. We're already down to one internet sight that features NHRA content (not counting the NHRA house organ site)

How about Yellow Bullet? I dislike that site but they do talk about racing. There is also www.classracer.com, which is mostly S/S and Stk, but features NHRA racers. It's a good site if you're interested in those classes.

are we down to one last internet forum, that discusses NHRA racing ? They apparently turned out the lights over in the comp+ forums. Haven't found any announcements. We're already down to one internet sight that features NHRA content (not counting the NHRA house organ site)
I saw something posted right before it went away,something about not being able to keep the servers secure or something similair

I liked Comp+ forum but when they went down for about a full year when they were having the server troubles I migrated over here. I dont have too much time to read more than one board so I kind of stuck around here. Kind of sad if it went away.

I saw something posted right before it went away, something about not being able to keep the servers secure or something similair
Don't believe everything you read on the internet... ;)
Just my personnel experience, when something goes away in a hurry, there may be more to it...
I will miss them and some of the "characters" over there, Yvonne did a nice job as a moderator.

Well Jeff, sorry to disappoint you but what Jeremy said is the truth.
Meant to be tongue in cheek... ;)
I am not disappointed, I hope things get fixed and you can bring it back. At least I hope you plan to bring it back...

I was out of town for a couple days and had not been on line to see any post on the subject, and it was a bit of a surprise to see the forum was gone. I don't do Facebook, so I was in the dark...

Meant to be tongue in cheek... ;)
I am not disappointed, I hope things get fixed and you can bring it back. At least I hope you plan to bring it back...

I was out of town for a couple days and had not been on line to see any post on the subject, and it was a bit of a surprise to see the forum was gone. I don't do Facebook, so I was in the dark...

It was a tough decision to make because since 1999, we've always had a message board. The last time the magazine got overrun with malware and spammers, and the stuff you don't see is how they were constantly trying to exploit to gain entrance. Myself, nor William, our primary moderator had the time to fight the battle on the daily basis, and I just wasn't willing to take the chance anymore. We figured after 22 years we had done our best to provide a free service to the readers but the risk had far outgrown the reward. I apologize but it was the best for CompetitionPlus.com. Thanks for all who supported us, and Nitromater, of course, who had always supported us along the way

It was a tough decision to make because since 1999, we've always had a message board. The last time the magazine got overrun with malware and spammers, and the stuff you don't see is how they were constantly trying to exploit to gain entrance. Myself, nor William, our primary moderator had the time to fight the battle on the daily basis, and I just wasn't willing to take the chance anymore. We figured after 22 years we had done our best to provide a free service to the readers but the risk had far outgrown the reward. I apologize but it was the best for CompetitionPlus.com. Thanks for all who supported us, and Nitromater, of course, who had always supported us along the way
Thanks Bobby. Sorry some jerks had to cause you these issues and cause us to lose the forums.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back